• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New(to me) 97 XJ in the Garage

I recently purchased a 97 XJ from a respected Jeep owner in Fort Collins. It has over 200,000 miles, but the previous owner took very good care of it. It's a red Cherokee, Country edition, bone stock except for an aftermarket steel rear bumper. I purchased this one as an addition to my Jeep collection, for my son to drive during his divorce (his ex got the 2002 WJ). He didn't like driving the older XJ. This makes Jeep #5 for us now, 90 XJ, 97 XJ, 98 ZJ, 05 WK & new addition, 05 WK. My 90 XJ is still going strong after 326,000+ miles, after a rebuilt 4.0L I-6 was installed in December 10. It's not my DD anymore, but it stands ready everyday should it be needed. My youngest borrows it to get to work when the snow gets too deep (his 01 Acura TL 3.2 doesn't seem to do well in snow). Oh well, one of these days he'll come to his senses, dump his car and buy a Jeep.

bd18packer
Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
Jeep...there's only one! :D

Two flaws with your post: I don't think there is anything like, as you say, a 'respected jeep owner'; and secondly, where's the pics!

Hey, i'm respected but I'm definitely insane! :D

Ooh! Touchy, touchy! I didn't know you guys would be so critical of my post. For clarification, the Jeep XJ owner in FC is "respected" for his work (I've seen his other XJ's). All Jeep owners are a little insane (JEEP- Just Empty Every Pocket) and some are disrespected, more than respected. But every XJ owner has my respect to devote that much time and effort into their off road toy or daily driver. As for the pix, generally I don't post them but I will make any exception here, soon. May take me awhile; I just not digital camera savvy yet.

BD
Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
Jeep…there's only one…

90 XJ
97 XJ
98 ZJ
05 WK
05 WK (#2)

Back