• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy on the forum

Skwerly you met jimmy, he was with Allen when we did the party in big bear when ben got back from the sandbox ;)

You do any work on Chevy trucks? Maybe if/when I buy my M1028, I may be needing bumpers. At some point, my XJ will also need a rear shock and exo cage.

Is that a CUUC-V?
Yes it is. 5/4 ton, 14 bolt rear with locker, 60 front with LSD, 4.56s, 6.2 diesel. It's my current plan for getting a good work/hauling/mild wheeling truck. I plan on HMMWV tires for it since they're cheap, built heavy weight for the truck's load capacity, and should help with speed. Stock they top out around 60ish.

We sure do! We love all things off-road...Pm me for detail or give the shop a buzz:

951-588-6232
Will do!

Yes it is. 5/4 ton, 14 bolt rear with locker, 60 front with LSD, 4.56s, 6.2 diesel. It's my current plan for getting a good work/hauling/mild wheeling truck. I plan on HMMWV tires for it since they're cheap, built heavy weight for the truck's load capacity, and should help with speed. Stock they top out around 60ish.

Will do!
I spent many a drill weekend wheeling those around camp pendleton. Ahhh the good old days......

Man I'd love to see a CUCV build up! That would be such a cool ride...

Five quarter ton? A ton and a quarter? That struck me as odd haha.
That's the big reason I want the 1028 in particular: ton and a quarter payload. My wife is slowly amassing a collection of farm animals and if that continues, it'd be nice to load a one ton bag of feed into the bed rather than messing with a trailer.

I'd of course still build it towards wheeling so I can tow the XJ and use the truck for recovery.

I am hopefully, when the VA pays me my back pay on the GI Bill.

I plan on a slow, somewhat basic build. It's already got the running gear, I plan on HMMWV tires and wheels, bigger shocks, maybe airbumps, a winch, better bumpers. Maybe a Banks Stinger turbo kit.

Last edited:
Make sure you check with:

http://www.100dollarman.com/

Hes always got HMMWV tires and basically all military vehicle surplus stuff for pretty good price IIRC...

Hes on Pirate as well.

Back