• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to buy tools for work

bigalpha

I'm looking for a range of sockets (1/4 - 1/2"), wrenches, screw drivers; stuff to round out a decent collection of tools. We currently have basically nothing.

Problem is that I have to get 3 quotes on anything that we need. I'm having trouble finding different places that sell the Craftsman sets, or Husky sets, etc.

Are there places that sell those tool sets other than the manufacturer? I was thinking of something like this: http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/cra...ol-set-w-26-tool-chest-roll-away-p-14066.aspx

Craftsman, Husky, Kobalt, are all store brands. If you find it somewhere else it was purchased from one of those stores. If you have to use these tools every day for work you may want to look at places like Snap-On.

I don't use them every day the way a mechanic does - but the tools do need to be reliable.

I'm not totally stuck on one brand over another - I just need a way to get 3 different quotes.

The benefit of store brand tools and places like Snap-On is the warranty. When a tool breaks they exchange it with very little hassle. The 3 quotes makes it harder to buy these tools. You can also check Amazon for the brands.

Craftsman tools are available at Ace Hardware and Kmart.

Problem is that I need a formal quote - which Sears and KMart do not do unfortunately. We tried just submitting a copy of the shopping cart but it was rejected.

Contact Snap-On and find out who is the Industrial Supplier (not independent dealer) in your area. Do the same with MATCO and MAC.

northerntool?

Back