• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nebo Redline flashlight

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used one of these? My local Napa has a display of them by the checkout and they have slowly been selling off and each time I say I should grab one. They are $25 I think, I played with them a few times and they seem heavy/solidly built and the magnifier lens makes then thing seem crazy bright. Might be nice in the XJ as it is tiny and super bright compared to my skull thumper mag light.

Well since no one responded I decided to pick one up while at my napa today.

It is pretty awesome no doubt. First it has the tacticool button on the end cap which glows in the dark. The end cap is also a rather stout magnet, it holds the light in place at any angle and feels solid. It runs on 3 AAA (included duracells) mounted in a removable plastic cage. The light is actually fairly heavy feeling and solid metal casing with a tacticool cut-outs on the bezel. It has plenty of indents, textures and flat sides to make it a sure grip compared to a maglight.

It has several modes, 100%, 50%, 10%, S-O-S, strobe modes. The full blast is really bright, my D-cell LED Maglight is brighter but considering the size of this little light it is up there. The SOS mode is really cool, it repeats the SOS pattern automatically over and over. It has a memory of the last mode used, so if you want it to turn on to 10% it can. You can cycle the modes with a light touch of the switch quickly. I also has a red ring that glows around the bezel that also acts as a lamp when placed on a flat surface.

You can twist the bezel to go from flood to spot light. This feature is actually the one part I don't like. As you twist you unthread the bezel and it starts to make the flashlight feel loose. If you loosen it all the way to spot light mode it tightens back up but if you want in between it feels loose. I like the maglight beam adjustment better it feels more solid than this style. It has the run times for each mode imprinted on the case so you know what to expect if you run 100% mode.

It is no surefire true tactical/LEO torch but it also only cost 25 bucks which I think is a no-brainer buy price.

You need to check out Fenix, 5Sevens. Awesome flashlights at good prices. typically I dont trust store stuff. I have bought lights from various stores and they all end up breaking or draining batteries.

We just had a customer bring us a couple in to use and they work great. I like it almost as much as I love my LED pen light that I got off of the Snap-On truck for $15

This light sucks. Period. Was initially impressed by the powerful 220 lumens, and especially the adjustable focus. Used it like a boss for about 18 hours. Dropped it ONCE, only ONCE, and now it won't turn on. Tried new batteries, tried taking it apart and putting it back together, nothing. Snap-on guy won't be back til next week so until then I'm out 30 bucks. I'll definitely be picking up a Fenix LD20 instead...

Streamlights are good, but again I haven't been too impressed by the quality. The push buttons go bad a lot. In the past year or so they added a 2 piece cap switch that can be replaced, instead of the entire button/endcap. In the 2 years that I've been using them I've been through about 4, but I do beat the piss out of them.

I bought a LED flashlight about two years ago. I did a lot of research first. Candlepower forums has some good info and comparisons. For me it was between a Fenix and a Eagletac. I went with the Eagletac P202C2 because it has a tail stand cap, 3 brightness settings (398 lumens on the brightest), a Cree R5 led, water proof, and Type III hard anodizing. It also has strobe, SOS and beacon settings. Its been dropped, dropped in oil and just generally abused and I haven't had a problem with it. It does take the CR123A batteries which are expensive if purchased locally, but I buy them in bulk on ebay. They also make a AA version. I've owned several cheaper LED lights in the past, but none survived past 6 months.

Back