• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My steering wheel is off by about 15º

It does afect the turn signal. It can be quite annoying (if you use them) to not be able to get the signal to go on or stay on because the turn off notch/bump/whatever keeps engaging.

I thought it had no effect on steering too.....until this weekend. My steering wheel has been misaligned for the past 6 months or so after another track bar adjustment....just been too lazy to fix it. This weekend I finally got around to straightening it out, which took less than 5 minutes to accomplish. The result? Beside proper steering wheel alignment, the overall steering and driveability is MUCH better. The adjustment effectively lengthened the drag link (in my case), which fixed most of the bump steer and wandering problems I was experiencing. Perhaps YMMV.

Tom

XJ_MAC said:
It does afect the turn signal. It can be quite annoying (if you use them) to not be able to get the signal to go on or stay on because the turn off notch/bump/whatever keeps engaging.

He's from California where turn signals seem to optional.

So that's what that little lever is for! Damn... if only someone would have told me earlier :D

On a more serious note, you guys have it all wrong. In CA the turn signals are very often used.... by women..... indicating the opposite direction from their intended turn! :D

Kejtar

Mine has been off since I bought it. Is it really that easy to fix? I may have to work on this later this week.

lol....... Rev Den.... my remodel is pretty much eating away my jeep time :( I'm lucky that I actually ahd time to go buy couple cases of mobil 1 when it went on sale..... :) That's the extent of my jeep related work for the past 2 weeks.

Shhhh.....my wife will hear you as she looks at my basement finishing project that I started 2 weeks before the top came off, and have not touched since.

Rev

Just adjust it already. The drag link adjustment is for steering box/wheel center only. The C-Rok plate inside the frame moved the box right meaning your wheel should be off center to the left (drag link too long). There are some who say running a steering box off center is not good for it (don't ask me). It's easy to do just like all others have said. If it were the tie rod you could do this roughly with a tape measure then have it aligned. But for the drag link do it yourself.

Back