• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My daughter made me proud. She's smarter than me.

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
My oldest will be graduating from high school this year.
She is a great kid, and dad is proud of her.
So, thinking that I knew her tastes, I go out and get her a New Beetle.
Not a new one, but one in great shape and with low miles.
She was very surprised and seemed pleased. However, I notice after several weeks, that she’s not driving it very much.
Finally, last night, I asked her about it. She said: “Dad, I really didn’t want to hurt your feelings, but what I really wanted was a Jeep like yours.”

Gulp!

I don’t know whether to cry or celebrate. I guess she’s smarter than her old-man.
Therefore, I now am going to be selling the bug, and looking for an XJ for my sweetie.

Could you guys please help me sell this Beetle? It really is in great shape – with low mileage.
Or if you know of anyone looking, please point them to my CRAIGSLIST AD.

Thank you!

Here's a pic of the bug:
kbozh5.jpg

Wow! That was really cool of you to do for her - especially the part about selling it to get her the Jeep she really wanted. Most folks would tell the kid "be glad you even have a car in the first place.".

Nice job brutha! :thumbup:

And let me extend a hardy "Welcome to the XJ family" to your daughter! I'm sure you'll post up a pic of her new-to-her XJ when you get it!

i started reading and i was thinkin i wonder if she wants an xj and then bam yup you have a really cool daugher that is around my age wink wink Just kidding...anyways good luck on the sale and get her a great lookin xj

thats awesome! i wish all the girls at my high school that drive bugs would trade them in for a jeep!!

Wow! That was really cool of you to do for her - especially the part about selling it to get her the Jeep she really wanted. Most folks would tell the kid "be glad you even have a car in the first place.".

Nice job brutha! :thumbup:

And let me extend a hardy "Welcome to the XJ family" to your daughter! I'm sure you'll post up a pic of her new-to-her XJ when you get it!

shute my parents didn't even help me look for a car i wish he was my dad i would have gradumatated last year :(

If you sell that buy DJ's or is that more lift than you would want for her. Well then again you got her a bug so she could want a really well built rig then?

If you sell that buy DJ's or is that more lift than you would want for her. Well then again you got her a bug so she could want a really well built rig then?

OMG dude! Can you imagine DJ's reaction if he saw his rig with flower stickers on the windows, hair scrunchies piled up around the shifter, tons of girly stuff hanging from the rear view mirror, piles of pastel colored clothing and shoes all over the seats and floors, and a windshield banner "Jeeps are for girls too!" ?

I honestly think we'd end up putting money on his books when we visit him at the funny farm....... :roflmao:

(No offense RTicUL8...... :laugh3:)

Ah! Thats awesome!! Guess when she gets it its time for her to sign up for :NAXJA:

OMG dude! Can you imagine DJ's reaction if he saw his rig with flower stickers on the windows, hair scrunchies piled up around the shifter, tons of girly stuff hanging from the rear view mirror, piles of pastel colored clothing and shoes all over the seats and floors, and a windshield banner "Jeeps are for girls too!" ?

I honestly think we'd end up putting money on his books when we visit him at the funny farm....... :roflmao:

Funnay! Ugh... if you want an example I can send pics of what my wife has done to our Rubicon... :rolleyes: She seriously asked me about putting one of those "Filthy Dirty Jeep Girl" banners on the windshield. I finally put my foot down on that one.

hmmm how old is your daughter?? i think i might be looking for a wife....haha JK

20 bucks says she wheels it more then he dose. :wow:

None taken.

Don't forget the tassel hanging from the review mirror. :D

But SERIOUSLY guys,
Help me unload the bug.

Someone's gotta know a kid who needs it......anyone?

hmmm how old is your daughter?? i think i might be looking for a wife....haha JK

Lucky he didn't pay attention to that comment or we would probably have a man hunt going on right now.

im lucky he didn't pay attention to mine too haha

O chit hahaha I didn't either. Guess I could join this group of youngins and say *wink wink* :rolleyes:

Lucky he didn't pay attention to that comment or we would probably have a man hunt going on right now.

I just chose to ignore.
fing06.gif

And NO, I'm not going to post a picture of her for you guys to oogle over.

Back