• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 98 XJ

Alright guys, some of you already know i pulled the airbags a while back due to the system causing some funky electrical problems. I installed my dual bats, i am using a switch instead of a solenoid for isolation because i had a 250 amp max throughput switch layin around. I also hardwired my 400 watt inverter in. Here is how i placed them since i do not have airbags.

100_1248.jpg

100_1247.jpg

100_1246.jpg

harwood39 said:
with my business i build things to the customers needs, so what they want, i build. And i will have a swing out design too. This is not from a business standpoint where i say that. I will do things differently on my vehicles than a customers because i want so many different things for my use of the vehicle. I am saying that as the vehicle owner. Not the business owner.

I'm not trying to question your business practices, I don't mean to offend you.

But, customers for better or worse are going to look at your personal vehicle as an advertisement for your business. If your Jeep looks like you have done some innovative things your customers will look at your work that way. If your Jeep looks like ass, your customers will look at your work that way also.

Personally, I think your work has the possibility of being innovative. Not my particular tastes, or the way I would execute some of the ideas. But I can see you are trying things that are more 'outside' the box than cranking out the same products over and over.

One quicko question... Is that inverter sealed?? I'm looking to mount one in my cargo area, and that physical sized one would be about perfect.

no, it has vents and a fan in the back for cooling. I wish it was sealed tho... just to be safe... But im not sure how much water it can take as it did come with the cables to hook to the battery for outside use...

harwood39 said:
Alright guys, some of you already know i pulled the airbags a while back due to the system causing some funky electrical problems.

I was going to ask about that...

The tire carrier. All that to hold up a doughnut? Seriously though, I had thought about that idea a while back, then I smacked my head against the wall to wake up. The first time you trip over that, you will regret it. The second time is when you now have to lift a 60lb tire/wheel combo, along with your tire carrier, back into position - DOH!

I agree with Mr. W. Howey. Think these things though a bit as your vehicle is your advertising tool.

Ron

How is the rear bumper attached to the frame?

You may want to consider a torsion bar in the hinge like the old broncos and blazers of the 80's had in the tailgates. That would help offset the weight of the 33s. Just an Idea.

Have you thought about provisions for an auxilliary high mount stop lamp?

Last edited:
Back