• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC's Redbird Cleanup - Mark Your Calendars!

Now i wont be able to make it this year seeing as I will be in Souix Falls, S.D. Myself and a group of local guys will be heading out to Redbird the weekend before you all are scheduleing to go.

My question is can we do a little bit of help prior to you guys showing up? Like walking the trail and cleaning little bit just to make it easier for you all? And is cleaning up just consist of picking up of trash/debris on the trail? Or more involved than that? ----------> this guys never been on one of these "cleanup" events.

My question is can we do a little bit of help prior to you guys showing up? Like walking the trail and cleaning little bit just to make it easier for you all? And is cleaning up just consist of picking up of trash/debris on the trail? Or more involved than that? ----------> this guys never been on one of these "cleanup" events.

You can, sure, but unless you are officially there to clean up, you'll still have to pay the gate fee.

Cleanup consists of picking up trash, removing fallen trees/brush and general maintenance of the trail. In all reality it should only take us a couple hours to do the whole trail. Last year we did quite a bit of major trail work; this year should be pretty easy.

Yeah we are going there mostly for the Night wheeling portion. Never done it before and it sounds like a blast! As for paying, I didnt think we would be exempt. I just wanna give back in any way possible to the Club and do some good for the enviro. -------> this guy isn't one of those crazy insane tree hugger people dont worry.

I'll be down there this weekend i'll see if there are any major issues that need dealt with on 21. I also plan on being there on the 30th

I got no Teeball that day I will have to check my son's soccer schedule so I may be able to make it now. We are having the T-Ball game friday night.

I have some hope now of making it too Redbird.

Course I have no good yard tools really but I got some hands and a few boys that are good at picking up limbs and trash.

Well, since Flexed didn't scope it out like he promised, we'll just go in blind!
BTT! Less than a month away!

A few friends and I should be able to make it out. Its a bit of a drive from Indy, but I recently bought my 3rd XJ and was looking to get it out and about.

Being that this will be my first time at Redbird...

What is the situation for people with trailers? I know that they do not allow camping inside the park and I am planning on camping at GSSF. Is there a parking lot or similar inside Redbird where I can leave my truck and trailer or do I have to find alternate arrangements near by and drive my XJ there? About how far is GSSF from Redbird? I wouldn't mind leaving truck and trailer there and driving the XJ if it's only a few miles away (it's insured and plated, etc.)

Also, it's only a 3-hour drive but I would like to make a weekend out of it and hopefully leave Friday morning - anyone else heading there earlier than Saturday? If I camp at GSSF Friday night, can I leave a campsite set up or do I need to tear down Saturday morning and set up again Saturday evening?

Sorry for all the questions, but I hate not having a plan...

Being that this will be my first time at Redbird...

What is the situation for people with trailers? I know that they do not allow camping inside the park and I am planning on camping at GSSF. Is there a parking lot or similar inside Redbird where I can leave my truck and trailer or do I have to find alternate arrangements near by and drive my XJ there? About how far is GSSF from Redbird? I wouldn't mind leaving truck and trailer there and driving the XJ if it's only a few miles away (it's insured and plated, etc.)

Also, it's only a 3-hour drive but I would like to make a weekend out of it and hopefully leave Friday morning - anyone else heading there earlier than Saturday? If I camp at GSSF Friday night, can I leave a campsite set up or do I need to tear down Saturday morning and set up again Saturday evening?

Sorry for all the questions, but I hate not having a plan...

There is plenty of trailer parking space. You can pay at the drop box at the entrance for the number of nights you want to stay and leave camp set up all weekend. Last year it was 8 bucks a night not sure if the rate has changed. GSSF is only about 5 minutes away from Redbird. There is a cul-de-sac type area that is usually occupied by NAXJA when we go down so thats probably where everyone will stay. :cheers:

The question is not will the Jeep make it. It is if the Tahoe will make it! :D

There is plenty of trailer parking space. You can pay at the drop box for the number of nights you want to stay and leave camp set up all weekend. Last year it was 8 bucks a night not sure if the rate has changed. GSSF is only about 5 minutes away from Redbird.

Thanks Aaron! If I can leave camp set up then I will probably just set up there on Friday and drive the XJ over to Redbird. I assume like many camping places it's pretty safe to leave your tent, etc. there during the day and people won't mess with it?

I can't wait to get out and do some wheeling! (after the trail cleanup, of course)

Thanks Aaron! If I can leave camp set up then I will probably just set up there on Friday and drive the XJ over to Redbird. I assume like many camping places it's pretty safe to leave your tent, etc. there during the day and people won't mess with it?

I can't wait to get out and do some wheeling! (after the trail cleanup, of course)

Yeah its pretty quiet around there it should be alright! I'm ready to run a couple of the trails out there again myself!

REMINDER

To get into Redbird your trail rig must have either current license plates or current OHV decal from either Indiana or your home state.

The plates from your tow rig will only work if the COs don't run the numbers. They can and have before.

Any questions please PM me.

Excellent reminder, since private off-road parks generally don't required your rig to be plated. There is no way I would risk the plate-swapping routine, but to each their own.

Here is some other information about registering an ORV in Indiana:
http://www.offroad-ed.com/in/handbook/registration.htm

Here is the IN form for registering an ORV, but it sounds like they honor other states' registrations as well
http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/00390.pdf

IMO if your rig can pass for street legal, I would just insure/plate it. Nice to have the insurance just in case, and I think my registration/plates run about $20/yr for my XJ.

IMO if your rig can pass for street legal, I would just insure/plate it. Nice to have the insurance just in case, and I think my registration/plates run about $20/yr for my XJ.

Because you never know when you are gonna need it! :clap:

Insurance is required for all NAXJA runs.

The trail clean-up, well not a NAXJA run, is a MWC event. You should be ready to pass tech, including insurance.

If you have any concerns about passing tech....PM me.

Rev

GSSF is real quiet. you should have no problems leaveing your gear on site.

i have no tow points on the heep yet. ill try to get some put on before the cleanup

GSSF is real quiet. you should have no problems leaveing your gear on site.

i have no tow points on the heep yet. ill try to get some put on before the cleanup

If not we'll find you a seat man!

Back