• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monster XJ over on Pirate4x4

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244665054&postcount=1

Anyone see this yet?

For what it is, it's not engineered too badly if ya ask me. Appears to be fairly functional the way it's built...... The driveline angles are kinda wicked, but a divorced t-case and a dropped crossmember/cradle would take care of that issue........ I'd hate to have to get in/out of that damn thing..... :D

Be sure to go to the Pirate link for more photos and details.....

100_2293.jpg

202.jpg

Those links are WAYYYY steep... too big for my liking

Check out this pic from the monster's for-sale thread...
Look at the white vehicle behind it. It looks like an XJ's rocker panel. If it is... that things sittin on a frame!

100_2276.jpg

s10 first pick ..... damn jarhead

Look at the white vehicle behind it. It looks like an XJ's rocker panel. If it is... that things sittin on a frame!

Jeezus ya goob. Look at the 2nd pic in the first post of this thread - it's flexing on the front tire of a monster S-10....... :twak:

The only thing wierd about the pic you posted is that the XJ now has the X-Terrains from the S-10 and the S-10 has the Iroks from the XJ.......

Wonder what kind of gearing you have to do for that.

Wonder what it tops out at, though its a trail rig.

Try reading the original thread I linked to........... :twak:

5:38's and 49" tires.

To me it looks as if the links are set up weird. As in the lowers are really short and I thought a DT 4 links lower links were supposed to be mounted closer frame side? Thus eliminating the need for a track bar.. I could just be thinking wrong but I do not see a track bar. Let me know if I am wrong...

To me it looks as if the links are set up weird. As in the lowers are really short and I thought a DT 4 links lower links were supposed to be mounted closer frame side? Thus eliminating the need for a track bar.. I could just be thinking wrong but I do not see a track bar. Let me know if I am wrong...

Those top links seem to be serving that duty - keeping the axle centered. The other thing is that it is total hydro steer so you don't have the usual push/pull associated with linked steering.

That front suspension is pretty much set up exactly like the rear of the Truggy and it has no side-to-side movement.

Jeezus ya goob. Look at the 2nd pic in the first post of this thread - it's flexing on the front tire of a monster S-10....... :twak:

The only thing wierd about the pic you posted is that the XJ now has the X-Terrains from the S-10 and the S-10 has the Iroks from the XJ.......

Baja Claws:twak::twak:

That beast was getting busted on in another thread. I like it's looks, and it'd be fun to have, but can something be done about that tie rod?

They were busting on it at Pirate because the guy went through all that effort and money and didn't do a highsteer setup on it.

I say, with 49" tires and full hydro who cares. That Tierod is plenty high up and out of harms way for 1, and for 2 its not like the histeer is needed to help steering angles.

100_2276.jpg

Couple things I see wrong.

Caster angle looks like its a wee bit off!
Those uppers do not look strong enough for 49s
Interesting coilover mount on the frame.
Stupid cage with no triangulation
Hydro ram exposed on front axle
5.49s+stock tcase......
49s/46s on D60s
etc
etc

Sure, its got coilovers, 49s, D60s, and a cage, but that thing is just a pile of semi good parts with poor execution. :moon:

Back