• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moderated Posts

A thread to post up actions you have taken to moderate the chapter forum and subforum(s)

Remember, if you delete a post send the person a PM explaining why you deleted the post. You may also post the PM here.

This will help to make sure we are all on the same page with moderation and issueing any infractions.

On 1-12-11 I deleted a post by illogical pro. It was a picture of him parked on a "random wall at TM." The area he was parked (the wall) was off the trail with no trail ahead of him. I deleted the post to keep it out of the hands of the sierra club and other closureist orginizations.

I sent him the following PM:

stewie said:
You recently posted a picture of you parked on a random wall at TM. It appears as if you are off the designated trail. Pictures like this are used by organizations like the sierra club who's sole mission is to close as much wilderness areas to all human travel as possible.

I am deleting the post to prevent the image from being used against us. I can not say for certain if you are in fact off the trail, but the image suggests that.

I am giving you just an informal warning against posting images of illegal or off trail wheeling. If you post more pictures of off trail wheeling infractions or more severe will be issued.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter and remember to Tread Lightly.

stewie
Arizona Chapter Vice President

Now I see the same picture up.
parked on random wall in TM

downsized_1107001432.jpg

Did any mod un-delete the post? Or did he repost the picture?

Yea I undeleted it. I didnt think it had enough evidence for us to decide whether it was on the trail or not. I also know him personally very well and he's not the type that would venture off trail. I talked to him about it as well and he said it was part of the trail and was kind of peeved that it was taken off.

I think it should be taken down. I have been to just about every landuse meeting here in az since I moved here. One thing that has been constantly reiterated is the don't want us up on the walls of washes and such. If anyone undermines another mod in the az forum I will have your mod rights pulled. I can't remove the thread from tapatalk. So will someone do it before I get home. Tia

I will let Yeager take the picture down since he undeleted it so there will be no more stepping on toes. This was just a matter of a lack of communication.

This thread will help ensure there is an open line of communication for the future. It can also be useful in identifying repeat offenders on the forum and allow them to be handled accordingly instead of one or two mods thinking it was user/memberXXX's first offense.

No prob

On 1.25.2011,

This was posted:

IllogicalPro said:
Nobody asked you and this isnt your thread so STFU

It was deleted as a personal attack on another member and the following PM was sent

YEAGS said:
IllogicalPro,

It is my responsibility to inform you that your post:

IllogicalPro said:
Nobody asked you and this isnt your thread so STFU

was considered an inappropriate response and personal attack on another member. This kind of conduct is not to occur within the boards.

This is a simple message to inform you that you have received a caution which will not be logged, however if this type of conduct does happen again it will be raised to an official logged warning or infraction at the Mods discretion which could lead to temporary and/or permanent ban in the future.

We do this to keep the boards family friendly and welcoming.

Again please regard this as a caution, and Happy Posting in the future!

YEAGS
AZ Chapter Treasurer

To date IllogicalPro has now received two cautions and if we have issues in the future He should be given a logged infraction or warning at the Mods Discretion.

Moderated thread of today:

Built2Flex received a logged warning today for his actions in my for sale thread of my warn bumpers that have been long gone and is a thread atleast three months old.

In retaliation he reported my post in response to his insults. the entire thread has been deleted now. if he hangs around and keeps it up he will be receiving a full infraction.

Back