• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ pics

BrettM said:
I think you're only the second person I've seen on here do a custom dash, the other being Scrappy. He said it was a HUGE PITA, what do you think?
So far not to bad,it's not done yet though.I have two uprights going from the dash to the top of the cage that will make it kinda tuff to notch around.

BrettM said:
i was talking more about the wiring, vents, ac, gauges, etc.
Wiring is just the bare essentials and it's all containted in the switch panel.The guages are all mechanical except for voltmeter.As far as ac and vents :dunno: there are none.

new pics
new2001.jpg

looking VERY cool, I must have missed it, what motor is that? 4.3? I saw the TH350 and Atlas part...

Looks like you're keeping manual steering? Is that so you can compete in a certain class?

are you gonna run any tubes on the outside of the cab? i'd hate to see all that pretty sheetmetal destroyed after one roll.

The motor is a 4.3 Vortec 'W' motor,about 210hp stock.No tubes outside.We might put some kinda skids up by the rain gutters above the doors.The nose will be dovetailed in to the width of the winch box.I'm thinking most of the body will be tucked out of the way.Steering is by Lee Manufacturing and is hydro assist.The ram isn't installed on the axle yet.

oh yeah,it's not for competition,just for fun.I'm using the steering and axles and some other stuff out of my Chero.

Matt's bro is doing the welding and I do the cutting,drilling,grinding...yeah,all the dirty work.

Dude mitch you are really going for the gold on this one. Look almost too good. I cant wait to see the thing all painted up and throwing rocks at me when im stuck behind you. What color are you going with? Kawasaki green?

Oh yea just one suggestion would be maby put a bolt in bar fron one air shock mount to the other over the motor or something. Just a suggestion, kinda looks like it would want to bent in after a hard landing. keep posting all the good shots. and making me jealous of trying to have a bodied jeep.

Pete

Pete,in this pic you can see the triangulation above the motor so I wont need the bar going over the motor.
new2022.jpg

Looks good mitch. Guess i missed it in the other pictures. that should hold up fine after a good launch. Oh yea that 4.3 should feel like a rocket in that light weight buggy of yours. another question, whats the width from outside of the tire to the other outside? just wondering. keep up the good work

Pete

hmmm,I'm not sure about that.I know the wms is 62" and the wheels are 3 3/4 backspace 9" wide.If you can do the math cool,if not tomorrow I will measure..It does JUST fit on the trailer.

Back