• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missing Soldier and fellow wheeler who needs our help

bmanga

NAXJA Forum User
We need your help fellow wheelers!

SGT Robert Larson is stationed at Fort Jackson, SC and went missing from his home at approximately 7 pm on Saturday, October 6th.

Description

SGT Larson is 6'1 and approximately 190 lbs. He has been struggling with overcoming an MTBI from injuries that he sustained in Iraq in 2005. He drives a Black 4 door JK with Smittybuilt side armor fenders.

http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindSgtRobertLarson

http://guardianofvalor.com/soldier-missing-from-fort-jackson-since-saturday-family-asks-for-help/

Any current pictures of the Jeep?

Just the one posted on the facebook site. More info there too.
562028_112895495533486_2147051750_n.jpg

My understanding is he suffers from a MTBI from injuries sustained when in Iraq. :(

They have cell records of a call placed outside of his home county but I'm not sure what county.

A good point to bring up is he could possibly have a side arm with him so caution should be taken because you don't know his mind set.

579735_4005345856052_1274941797_n.jpg

Yup, can't see Faceblock pictures...

I was suprised that Offroad SC sent out a mass email alert about this. Been keeping an eye out.

Kudo's to Offroad SC! :party:

Yea I have been watching this. Posted it to FB too.

This guy wasn't at the Matanzas ride was he?

I do not believe so. Mike D from DTown did make me aware of it though since he has a good pulse on wheeling warriors, wounded warriors and vet affairs......

He was confirmed sighted in Gary, IN on the 9th. I threw a post up in the Mid West Chapter.

I wonder what the hell is going thru his head.

The man has served 3 tours and suffers from PTSD... who knows. He is probably scared..??

Personally, I'd say this is a case where I don't want to know what's going on in his head.... but that won't stop me from doing what I can.

Personally, I'd say this is a case where I don't want to know what's going on in his head.... but that won't stop me from doing what I can.

Yea no doubt... I cannot even imagine what its like to be in a vehicle that has a bomb go off next to it.

Yea no doubt... I cannot even imagine what its like to be in a vehicle that has a bomb go off next to it.

you don't want to know.

PTSD and TBI have different effects on different people. Some are immediate, some are hidden and show up later.

For the religious people in the audience, say a prayer for this guy, he is possibly struggling with something that very few people have had to deal with.

If he's spending money on a card now he's out of cash. Shouldn't be very difficult to catch up with him now.

I kinda wonder if him taking off has little to do with his PTSD/TBI. I'm sure it probably does but what if it's something totally off the wall and unrelated.

Hoping for the best.

Very sad to say the least. Most folks don't know how war really messes with peoples heads. We should've learned that from Vietnam. The wife is talking about her PTSD also so I'm sure it's rough. I just wonder how the little one will come out. Whatever is going through his head may God Speed him in his travels. It is indeed nice to see he isn't wrapped around a tree or in a ditch somewhere secluded where help wasn't available!

Back