• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meeting Minutes

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
First Quarter Meeting Minutes for 02/18/06

Here are the minutes for 2/18/06.

The first quarter meeting was held Saturday, February 18, 2006 at Four Wheel Parts Warehouse 7001 Federal Blvd., Westminster ,CO.

Attendees were: (If I misspelled your name I apologize)
Members
#338 Troy Betka "Yellaheep" Chapter President
#931 Justin Schrock "jrsxj98" Chapter Vice President
#805 Jeff Taylor "planefixer" Chapter Secretary/Treasurer
#131 Mike Holder "crunch"
#797 Led Lancos "Led"
#945 DJ Kittrell "91 Jeep Project"
#1417 Scott Seiler "xj2"
#1007 Terry Breheny "MMIXJ"
#814 Joey Barone "XJK9BAR1"
#1424 Terry Maynard "87XJCO"
#997 Cameron Louie "FUEL90"
#1319 David Bongivanni "ExNews4XJ"
#1338 Chris Chadwick "sting25"
#1284 Chris Love "C.Diesel"
#702 Rick Wigle "RangerRick"
#42 John Paulsen "JohnJohn" (Bigoffroad)
#1378 Chris Neumann "riverfever"
#1287 Rich Benson "colorado-xj"
#1097 Randy Cleghorn "hightimes2"
#1241 Scott Hayden "ScottHayden"
#1281 Joe Footdale "footdale"
#699 Jack Jacoby "WOLFMAN"
#1242 Bob Levenhagen “Rock Yacht” (TnT Customs)
#1053 Henry Pawlak "tvguy" (4Wheel Parts Warehouse)
#486 Andrew Heesacker "hjeepxj"

Non-Members
Terry Klap "Terrokee"
Steve Truesdale "STEVET"
Jason Jorgenson "youngcoloradoXJ"
John Bongivanni
Mathias Lane
Tom& Rebecca Barger "cruzinillusion"
Tony Spadafora "tonesxj"
Doug Gentges "DougG"
Frank Zimkas "Frank Z."
Kenny Terra
Josh Blackmon
Matt & Andrew Cook "scorpion"

The meeting was called to order at 11:35 am.

Items Discussed

1. Four Wheel Parts Warehouse set up a Club Program for the Colorado Chapter.The program gives chapter members a 5% discount on purchases and a 2% quarterly return to the chapter from those purchases.For more info about this contact Henry Pawlak "tvguy" at 4WPW 303-430-9300

2. Jeff Taylor presented the Treasurer's Report for the attendees.

3.T-shirt orders/sales are moving right along.There will be an updated thread on the chapter forum regarding t-shirts and the introduction of "hoodies" as well.

4.We're still planning this year's Colorado Fest. It will again be based out of Chalk Creek Campground in Nathrop just south of Buena Vista.The big change this year will be the over-nighter trip changing from Holy Cross to Blanca Peak.I will be calling the campground this week and reserving the Group site.Anyone who wants an individual or RV site you will have to make those arrangements yourself.If anyone has suggestions regarding trail selection and/or schedule feel free to post up your input.

5.We'd like to boost sponsorship/vendors - lets hear your ideas/suggestions.

6.I'm planning on getting our own chapter website up and running on my server. It will be available to everyone but it will have a restricted access section for PAID CHAPTER MEMBERS only.

7.John Bongivanni from COHVCO discussed some very important land-use issues.Details can be found here:http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77618

8.Another idea presented to the chapter was the Adopt a Trail program.If anyone has any knowledge of, or wants to research this let me know.I'm interested in finding a trail to "adopt" that we,as a chapter, would be responsible for maintaining.

9.If anyone is interested in organizing some "How-To" clinics on common mods ,etc. lets hear your ideas.

10.We currently have one chapter banner and it was decided to acquire a couple more.

The meeting was adjourned at 12:25 pm.

Last edited:
Rock Yacht said:
Thanks Jeff, Matt&Andrew Cook were there too.

Can we make a sticky for COFEST '06?

Bob

PM sent.

Re: First Quarter Meeting Minutes for 02/18/06

planefixer said:
8.Another idea presented to the chapter was the Adopt a Trail program.If anyone has any knowledge of, or wants to research this let me know.I'm interested in finding a trail to "adopt" that we,as a chapter, would be responsible for maintaining.
Go here to find out more on adopt-a-trail: http://www.hightrails.org/adopt.html

Excellant link YJGirl!! A little diging and I found this...
http://www.hightrails.org/adopt_orphans.html

Notice that quite a few of the trails in the BV area are Orphans.

HMMM....Orphan trails near the site of COFest.....I wonder.......
Good press for the 4x4 community, trails that everyone seems to like, beautifull area to wheel/camp/fish, easyy access from anywhere in the state.

You thinking what I'm thinking?

I notice that Iron Chest is and orphan and it is also on the list of trails that could be could be closed my the comission looking at roadless wilderness. It might be benaficial to addopt it and let the commision know.

Any idea when a tenative trail list for the week will be released? I'm hoping to spend the whole week at the camp ground this time, not just the last weekend.

Just cause I was only there for 30 mins doesnt mean I wasnt there.

:D

What Matt goes to EJS with me and you're going to COFest? We'll see who's a better cook and plan accordingly next year. :)

Jeff, excellent idea you have brewing.

Bob

Rock Yacht said:
Jeff, excellent idea you have brewing.

??!
...do share.
:compwork:

Back