• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May Moab Run

formatt said:
great pics tony!! :)

hold on.. I didn't know terry tore a shock off! I gotta give the guy credit... for wheeling with some random AT's on some of that stuff, he did a damn good job (other than when Led was screaming at him telling him to run him over). :D

That was so freakin funny!!

What a great trip with a great group. I really had a good time.

Next is the Indy run Led.

formatt said:
great pics tony!! :)

hold on.. I didn't know terry tore a shock off! I gotta give the guy credit... for wheeling with some random AT's on some of that stuff, he did a damn good job (other than when Led was screaming at him telling him to run him over). :D

You should have seen Terry on Potato Salad Hill.... He earned his "Y" back. Hit the top ledge, pulled both front wheels in the air, and rode a wheel stand to finish it. Awesome.....

mingo said:
You should have seen Terry on Potato Salad Hill.... He earned his "Y" back. Hit the top ledge, pulled both front wheels in the air, and rode a wheel stand to finish it. Awesome.....

Damn Tracy. Did you get pics?? Thats great!

Terry.. I give you mucho credit on rockpile

Last edited:
A few pics
Led on Widow Maker
DSCF0009.jpg

Jeff on Hells Revenge

Moab1.jpg

Tony on hells revenge

Moab3.jpg

Me coming up Hells Gate w/Joey and Justin waiting
DSCF0003.jpg

Me on Rocker Knocker
DSCF0024.jpg

tonesxj said:
Damn Tracy. Did you get pics?? Thats great!quote]

I dont think anyone got it on film. It happened pretty quick. :)

Alright, I've got a quick question for you guys. I just joined the site, and have recently building up my XJ. I've got a XJ with 4.5" RE lift, 32" rubber, 4.11 gears, ARB front and rear, full skids with Warn sliders and diff guards. I am incredibly interested in wheelin with you guys but I am concerned that my rig is not qualified enough for tasks such as moab.

What do you think, I am going to struggle big time, or be able to have some fun? Thanks and sorry if this is a ridiculous question.

Made it back...even with snow/rain/fog from Wilkerson pass to the Springs.

I tell ya I'm wore-out from 5 days of driving - wheeling - sitting around the camp fire and drinking.

Here's the a shot of the navigator's trying to find "Metal Masher".
Picture5024.jpg

V57Strat said:
Alright, I've got a quick question for you guys. I just joined the site, and have recently building up my XJ. I've got a XJ with 4.5" RE lift, 32" rubber, 4.11 gears, ARB front and rear, full skids with Warn sliders and diff guards. I am incredibly interested in wheelin with you guys but I am concerned that my rig is not qualified enough for tasks such as moab.

What do you think, I am going to struggle big time, or be able to have some fun? Thanks and sorry if this is a ridiculous question.

The main qualification for new guys is to buy the beer.:gee: Welcome.

I've got the beer covered, another little toy I've got and have yet to put to the test is, a powertank that is capable of running a keg, my treat! Thanks

Just got back about 45 min ago...GREAT TIMES. I dont have very many pics, my photographer (Shaunna) didn't make this trip. I will throw what pics I have up in the morning, kinda ready for a shower and my own bed right now.

Oh and after last night around the fire we now have a few members from our new satellite chapter. CAWC........

D'OH!
what, all you photogs got something against silver jeeps? :tear:

a d*mn good trip indeed, though the weather could've been better (wasn't too bad really, just not your typical MOAB temps).

thanks led for the spotting (as usual)... the ol' XJ didn't do too bad even w/ the "street" tires. ;)

oh, and the mtn biking was primo too. :thumbup:

i'll put up some photos tomorrow.

terrY

Awesome time- my best trip to Moab so far other than having to buy a new battery the second day there and getting bad news from my wife concerning my 19 year old cat( see sig line).I shot 375 pics.I'm wore the f**k out after a week of wheeling -I'll post pics tomorrow.Terry definately earned his stripes (and his "Y" back) this trip :thumbup: .IXNAYXJ, AVANTONE, and a few of our other NWC brethern rolled in yesterday so they're taking over where we left off.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. At least I got the pleasure of meeting Axel before he passed.

RIP little fella.

MMIXJ said:
D'OH!
what, all you photogs got something against silver jeeps? :tear:

a d*mn good trip indeed, though the weather could've been better (wasn't too bad really, just not your typical MOAB temps).

thanks led for the spotting (as usual)... the ol' XJ didn't do too bad even w/ the "street" tires. ;)

oh, and the mtn biking was primo too. :thumbup:

i'll put up some photos tomorrow.

terrY

Sorry Terry.. I didn't get many pics of your rig on Pritchett. It was good wheeling with you again man.

Here is one from Aarons camera:
MOAB07112.jpg

Back