• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Man its hot outside...

TheBlackSheep said:
looks like we have a hater of doorless xjs :D

and the doors dont keep your xj from "folding like a taco" the doors have ZERO to do with the structural intergrity of the cherokee. I had my doors removed and have a huge wreck and if i would have had my doors i would have been smashed and trapped and not be here typing this today

The hatch is a different story! Try flexing your XJ with the hatch up.

I used to have an 89 YJ, man I loved that thing. I said the buy to the eye comment out of personal experience. Nothing like going 70mph and take a bug the size of a golf ball to the face. LOL

How hard is it to re line up the doors so that they do not leak i hard a bunch of contraversy on that once they are off they will never go on the same

Just takes patience. If you just unbolt them it wont be that hard but if the drill/cut the hinges they will have some slop in them and make it harder to get it right.

TheBlackSheep said:
no that much more difficult just cut the wires at the doors and put connectors on them then just disconnect them and pull the door off
or just disconnect them behind the kicker panel

i got pulled over for no doors and almost towed cause of no doors even though i had mirrors because the ahole cop said that the doors were part of the structure and in the event of a collision it would fold like a taco. so i just have to finish some tube doors then they cant say anything

Ramsey said:
or just disconnect them behind the kicker panel

disconnect the power windpws and locks? the point i was trying to make is that makes it easy to disconnect and lift up and go. but i guess if youy want to you can just completely disconnect them:confused:

TheBlackSheep said:
disconnect the power windpws and locks? the point i was trying to make is that makes it easy to disconnect and lift up and go. but i guess if youy want to you can just completely disconnect them:confused:
they're already behind the kicker panel, from the factory. No need to go butchering up your wiring harness to put disconnects on the wires.

I was thinking of putting connectors or there anyway. I keep having the wires get in the way when I'm putting the doors on. It wouldn't be as bad if they were shorter. Plus, I hate taking the kick panels off and sticking my head under there to get at the connectors.

Back