• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets see pics of your home made utility boxes

Supertrapped

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about building a box with drawers and stuff for the cargo area. To put your basic gear in like recovery stuff and tools, etc. Just want to get some ideas.

Also, might be a silly question, but if you carpeted the whole outside to match, what did you use to keep the carpet down? Glue? Tacs?

Here's a link to my thread. This has proved very valuable for keeping stuff stored and from flying around the cargo area....I don't have drawers, but I have compartments underneath accessible by both the rear hatch and by folding the rear seats down (and they're separate compartments).

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=914696

p.s. For the carpeting I used adhesive and a staple gun and it's not going anywhere..even with my dog back there moving around and sliding all over the place in turns ;)

MP21-STRAP.jpg

I think this is the only picture I have of mine, and this was taken a long time ago. Its pretty sturdy, and has a lid that flips open. It holds all my crap so I'm happy. I covered it in Herucliner when I did my interior.

Don't worry, there is no more strap with hooks, and the tire is always strapped down, just not in that picture. I learned that the hard way one time.

dcXJ said:
Here's a link to my thread. This has proved very valuable for keeping stuff stored and from flying around the cargo area....I don't have drawers, but I have compartments underneath accessible by both the rear hatch and by folding the rear seats down (and they're separate compartments).

p.s. For the carpeting I used adhesive and a staple gun and it's not going anywhere..even with my dog back there moving around and sliding all over the place in turns ;)

That looks really nice. How is it held in place though?

dcXJ said:

Looks nice. I think I want to do the drawers though. But, you just gave me an idea. Maybe I should make the drawers accessible from both sides. :)

Anybody else?

101_0203.jpg

101_0200.jpg

Hers a few shots of mine I made about 3 years ago. The box is made out of MDF board. The draw has a sheet metal face and the top of the box has stainless steel grate on it. It has 3 sections, the draw, a section for fluids and a sealed section for my 10" infinity sub, it's bolted through the floor to keep it secure. This is very heavy duty and can store a lot of stuff, It has always worked great for me.

Damn I like that one. Been really needing to do something with mine. Tired of strapping everything down only to have to undo it all if I need to break out a spare. I also need to quit being the salvage jeep that carriers all the spare parts :D.

thinking about modifying a big hoffman box from the electrical place i work at. to bad there is no pull out shelves in them just remove lock and flip up style. makes it so no spare in the back i guess.

dellstopjeep said:
thinking about modifying a big hoffman box from the electrical place i work at. to bad there is no pull out shelves in them just remove lock and flip up style. makes it so no spare in the back i guess.
Hoffman?

Where do you work?

Hale

dellstopjeep said:
Just installed one of those for a FA field server on my most recent building.

Back