• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED light bar mounting options w/o roof rack

I have the OMC off-road mounts on mine. I haven't had any issues with them yet. I've put them through hell so far and theyre holding up great. The only thing I didn't like abiut them was they send you 1/4 rivi-nuts to mount into the pillar and some small machine screws to mount with. I ended up drilling the holes in the brackets and mounting with 1/4" rivets.
http://www.omcoffroad.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5449824

The only thing with those rivets is that they can and will round out over time and lead to water leaks.

Re: Re: LED light bar mounting options w/o roof rack

The only thing with those rivets is that they can and will round out over time and lead to water leaks.
Where these mount even IF that happened, it wouldn't be an issue. The equipment I work on every day at work have panels riveted all over them and very rarely have issues with leaks even with 900k miles on them. I think these will be fine.

Where these mount even IF that happened, it wouldn't be an issue. The equipment I work on every day at work have panels riveted all over them and very rarely have issues with leaks even with 900k miles on them. I think these will be fine.

People I've talked to with similar setups as yours have reported water on their floors after just a few years. So it's something to look out for.

Just be careful of the rivets wallowing out over time. That's the reason I didn't go that route.

If they wallow out, you'll start getting water leaks.

is this all you can say about rivets wallowing out? have you tested it for yourself or are you just throwing out false info? i've read 3-4 posts from you in this thread alone talking about wallowing out and leaks.

dont use cheap aluminum rivets and it will be fine, for heavens sake airplanes have rivets all over them. :wave:

is this all you can say about rivets wallowing out? have you tested it for yourself or are you just throwing out false info? i've read 3-4 posts from you in this thread alone talking about wallowing out and leaks.

dont use cheap aluminum rivets and it will be fine, for heavens sake airplanes have rivets all over them. :wave:

If you think a cheap fab company is going to give you aircraft-grade rivets with their $30 brackets, you be crazy son.

I'm passing on knowledge from my buddy's mistake of going with rivets, so if you're asking on first-hand experience, it's more second-hand experience, but experience nonetheless.

Aircraft are built using real rivets, the kind that take 2 guys to install. Not cheap blind rivets that you buy at home depot. A 747 has as many as 5.5 million rivets, installed in a proffessional assembly line by skilled craftsmen. Comparing this to something rough country makes is a ****ing joke.

As far as light bar brackets being expensive, thats because people buying them have no skills, and cannot make them for themselves. The $20 comment proves you know nothing about fabrication.

The pure ammount of led light bar brackets available for sale is a bad omen for our scene... how embarassing.

Back