• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JL Audio Vantage Box

33db47e6.jpg

You wouldn't believe it. I just got a Vantage box on Craigslist. Real....... Cheap. How are you guys mounting the box. The guy that had it before made some nasty brackets. Needs a little cleaning up I thing she'll pound. I was in the process of building a round box to mimic the spare but found the Vantage box. I think I'll be putting a Hertz Audio speaker in it.

Saw the Hole. Don't have the hardware. Does the box have a lot of vibration with that style mounting. I know those XJ Pods are rough.

I talked to a guy that had one and he used heavy duty vecro on the back of his since it was a leased vehicle and didn't want to make holes. I was planning on using some heavy duty velcro also.

Saw the Hole. Don't have the hardware. Does the box have a lot of vibration with that style mounting. I know those XJ Pods are rough.

I never experienced any. The JL Vantage is a very solid box. You have to remember the pod was about half as thick and did not have the support of the wheel well and floor to rest on. It relied on the support from the plastic cubby hole.

Does anyone have any pics of actually mounting it? I need to mount mine, just not sure how to go about doing it...

i ended up getting creative and tried to use snaps unfortunately it wasn't enough so i ended up making a bracket. if i ever redid it i could make the snaps work. the idea was i could take it in and out without any tools or hassle but now all i got to do is take out 2 screws.

i'm not too familiar with this particular box, but i too wanted to be able to unmount my box for my 12" without tools. i used wing nuts.

Well got mine mounted and installed today. Ended up using 3 screws to hold it in place, and so far it's been great. Sounds great too!

Will post pics tomorrow when it's light out.

Well got mine mounted and installed today. Ended up using 3 screws to hold it in place, and so far it's been great. Sounds great too!

Will post pics tomorrow when it's light out.

What kind os sub do you have in it. I still need a sub for mine.

I picked up a sub my box today, I got a Memphis 15 MS104D. I got it brand new for $60 from a guy that closed shop 2 years ago. Gotta get a grill now. Also got a great deal on some Hella Black Magics and some Ralleye 4000's(big ass lights). Got about 300' of 8 gauge for $20 and about 75' of 4 gauge for $20. Guy had some good deal on memphis subs and amps, Alpine amps, and some Diamond Audio stuff. He's in SE PA if anybody local is looking for something, I can get you in touch with him.

Hi to all at NAXJA - been hanging out a while, first post.
My local audio shop fabbed a knock-off off a vantage box, bit shallower, to take a 10" Earthquake SWS sub. Because they deflect outward more than a normal sub the grill is spaced out to about 60mm. The box is covered in black vinyl to match the interior and the grill I fabbed from some aluminium stock I had lying around. The amp is an Earthquake TNT500 fixed to the rear of the back seat.
XJ-Sub.jpg

Back