• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JL Audio Vantage Box

Hi to all at NAXJA - been hanging out a while, first post.
My local audio shop fabbed a knock-off off a vantage box, bit shallower, to take a 10" Earthquake SWS sub. Because they deflect outward more than a normal sub the grill is spaced out to about 60mm. The box is covered in black vinyl to match the interior and the grill I fabbed from some aluminium stock I had lying around. The amp is an Earthquake TNT500 fixed to the rear of the back seat.
XJ-Sub.jpg

The shape of the box looks real nice. I would rather have had it covered in gray vinyl for a more stealthy look. I may be covering my JL box with gray carpet for that reason. The grille isn't to my liking but to each there own, I've never seen one anything like that!. Sure is a hell of a lot better that a square box sitting in the cargo area. How's it sound and how much did they charge you for the box?

Actually the photo adds a lot of contrast because I used a flash, the colour is closer than it looks. The sound is great, Earthquake make nice gear.
I can't give you a price on the box as it was part of the whole install, including amp, sub, box and labour - but as a thumbsuck probably about $150 - $200. They always cut me a good deal because all my vehicles go through them and are never straightforward! On my Porsche they did a custom fit box for two 8" subs with an amp recessed into the top of the box, but still visible.
The grill's were custom made to my design by a crowd in UK.
ftp://arakis.gotdns.com/952 - Subs & Amp.jpg

Back