• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's alive!!!!

BrokenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Since the only thing that’s original in the BrokenXJ is the motor, I thought that would be what would finally kill it. Let's face it, these cars are not meant for this type of torture. Besides the regular mechanical breakages, Broken has been suffering from the exotic electrical failures, probably related to its electrical harnesses be packed with mud. These are the kind of problems that the NAXJA forum has not able to help me fix.

The reason I am posting this on the North Atlantic is to tell people about the Old Victory Garage, in Mapleville, RI. Keith found my broken wire problem last year where I had no power in the cab, and no start. My newest problem was the alternator was not charging the battery, and after replacing all of the ground straps, buying two different alternators, and exhaustively testing with the volt/amp meter I threw in the towel and dragged down to Old Victory. It turns out there was a “short in the cluster”? that was telling the alternator to charge at 12 volts. Keith said the system is a little strange, but he was familiar with it. What is most amazing, is he doesn't mind working on junk! So if anybody is trying to trouble shoot the exotic, give them a call, and tell them that Earl sent you :)

Broken is alive again, and ready to go. One more year baby :)

Muahhahahaha....

I must ask, did he also help you solve the leaking popcorn problem you had last fall?? :D :D

With any luck, I will be on 33s by this summer... a good job is a nice thing!

-beaker

Hey Steve, don't forget I've got that 1/4" drive that belongs to you that was with the trash from the Chicken run where you broke. Will get it too you as soon as we meet up again unless you're up this way sometime.

Grizzley said:
Hey Steve, don't forget I've got that 1/4" drive that belongs to you that was with the trash from the Chicken run where you broke. Will get it too you as soon as we meet up again unless you're up this way sometime.

I was wondering where I lost that little wrench? The dreaded and feared "Chicken Run", I'm still pulling grass out of my engine compartment from that mud/grass-hole :) That was the most expensive chicken I've ever had, $750 including the pair of glasses I stepped on. And we call this fun?

Back