• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior mods

I flush mounted my CB and brake controller in my V8 MJ project.

390611_2478433247285_1446122050_32013354_1424595012_n.jpg

whats the deal with the trailer brake box, do you actually tow with it, or is it used for some other mod? probably a stupid question but there was on a jeep i got with no hitch or anything so i was curious.

I will be towing my pop up and my Shelby Charger on a trailer once the truck is done. My wife's WJ has a controller in it too for the same reasons.

I started a white LED switch illumination mod,
Here's the write up on that:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1077585

And a couple teaser pics. - gonna do all the illumination like this.
(note: the heater control illumination hasn't been modded yet in these pics.)

VERY NICE DOZER!!!!
Thats nice clean install right there!

how hard was this?

It was not too bad. The most time consuming part is getting everything filed and sanded to make it look right. It helps to have someone hold the knee board as it would sit in the truck to get the angle correct. The holes for the component will be almost double the size. Then file the plastic to achieve the correct fitment and seal up the gaps.

I am very anal retentive when it comes to my MJs. If you look at the pics you can see dark edges. Those are Sharpie lines, not garbage fitment areas. I have since cleaned them up and you can't see any air space between the radio or the controller.

Time is your friend when doing this. Do not rush it or you will have horrible fitment.

i can tell by your wiring job. :D

kidding.

Considering this is the mock up pics for the dash swap it is understandable the wiring is a mess. Drop a 5.2 Magnum in your XJ and see what your wiring looks like.

- Warn remote control for the winch
- On/off switch for the winch (BlueSea remote relais)
- Brodit mount for LHD Cherokee
- Brodit charging cradle
- Brodit mount for RHD Cherokee
- Control panel for IBS double battery system
- above: console with 6 Carling switches and a double USB charger

23433102bk.jpg

- Warn remote control for the winch
- On/off switch for the winch (BlueSea remote relais)
- Brodit mount for LHD Cherokee
- Brodit charging cradle
- Brodit mount for RHD Cherokee
- Control panel for IBS double battery system
- above: console with 6 Carling switches and a double USB charger

23433102bk.jpg

I used to have that head unit in that tray. I loved the small cubby. Too bad some asshole needed it more than me and punched a hole in my door to break my console and center bezel to get it.

That is a nice setup.

I've tried to keep things simple and clean thus far. Here's what I've done in the front, or passenger area.

Alpine head unit although now it's a little dated.
20151109_125856.jpg

The Amp is under the passenger seat. It's powering 2 way alpines in the doors and rear location. Still scratching my head over what to do with a sub; it sorrowfully needs one!
20151102_153457.jpg

CB ended up on the tranny hump; K40 antenna hard mounted to the roof.
20151102_145810.jpg

Husky Liners front and rear floorboards.
20151109_125818.jpg

Speaker for the CB. It doesn't stick out as much as it looks in the picture and doesn't interfere with the rearview mirror.
20151102_153633.jpg

Three switches for the Aux lighting. The oem fog light switch controls rock lights mounted under the front end.
20151102_145302.jpg

Although not technically part or the interior this fuse block handles the additional circuits, except the Amp and the ARB compressor.
20151108_090510.jpg

Front and rear locker switches.
DSC01726.jpg

ARB Compressor switch.
DSC01725.jpg

Small ARB compressor under the drivers side rear seat. For power I tapped into the 6 gauge line running my rear compressor. The fuse is hidden in this pic.
DSC01720.jpg

A very small fan mounted in the seat riser to keep a little air moving past the compressor. It's wired to turn on with the compressor switch.
DSC01708.jpg

Vent holes opposite the fan under the seat.
DSC01719.jpg

Except for the cargo area that's pretty much it. Nothing fancy.

I love all of that. What about your cargo area.

I love all of that. What about your cargo area.

Thanks!
I have a rack and a hard mounter QuickAir 2. I'll post some picks of the compressor install when I find them. I had to add a plywood panel between the body and the plastic interior trim panel for support. It was a PITA but reinforcement is invisible and solid. I'll post the pics of things in a couple days or so.

I don't know if this really counts as a mod, but I mounted a pod light in my hatch area and wired it in with my dome light.
0b859f48b57344a44b7988777804c7e0.jpg

And then I put an led in my dome light to match the whiteness.
26d5b0e653e5f55846a7ad0dbaada62b.jpg

Back