• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors (interesting info for nerdy types like me)

The Ford 24lb injectors will do fine on most strokers without needing any fine-tuning. In some cases, it may be necessary to increase the fuelling by either prolonging the injector "on time" (MAP adjuster) or by increasing the fuel pressure (adjustable regulator).
I already have Ford 24lb injectors and a homebrew MAP adjuster (set to 4.2v) on my 4.0. When I install the stroker, I'll keep the same injectors and bump the MAP voltage back up to 5.0v and maybe slightly higher until the A/F mixture's in the ideal range.

Actually I am running my stroker with the 24lb injectors and my MAP turned down to 4.3v and my Air/Fuel guage is finally reeding stoich. I ran way too rich at 5v and my O2 sensor got so covered with carbon buildup that it wasn't giving the ECU or my guage any input. This is on a RENIXII with the HO fuel rail and HO fpr. I can't figure out why I am having such different results with these injectors.

CW, are you using the A/F guage that is connected to your O2? When does it give meaningful readings? Which one is it?

When you say RENIXII are you implying '91+ system?

sjx40250 said:
CW, are you using the A/F guage that is connected to your O2? When does it give meaningful readings? Which one is it?

When you say RENIXII are you implying '91+ system?

Yes, I got the A/F guage from JC whitney, it gives a meaningfull reading when I am cruising at a steady rpm. otherwise it is just a light show. RENIXII is the pre '91 ECU. '91+ is OBDI and I think its OBDII in the late models.

Thanks for the clarification on the RENIXII I have a 90 and pretty familiar with the system.

I am surprized that you only get meaningful readings at cruise. I would have thought you would also see it at WOT and warm up, it does get cold in Idaho!

Those inexpensive Stoich meters are pretty useless in my opinion, because they are always bouncing back and forth between rich and lean. A real wideband O2 sensor and digital guage are the only true way to get an idea of what kind of mixture you are running.

The one I am buying, with a couple of friends, is $350 with sensor.

CRASH

sjx40250 said:
Thanks for the clarification on the RENIXII I have a 90 and pretty familiar with the system.

I am surprized that you only get meaningful readings at cruise. I would have thought you would also see it at WOT and warm up, it does get cold in Idaho!

CRASH said:
Those inexpensive Stoich meters are pretty useless in my opinion, because they are always bouncing back and forth between rich and lean. A real wideband O2 sensor and digital guage are the only true way to get an idea of what kind of mixture you are running.

The one I am buying, with a couple of friends, is $350 with sensor.

CRASH
Yeah, I would definately rather have a wideband unit but as a senior in high school, working 15 hours a week their just not in my budget. I would rather spend the $350 on gears for my new axles.

Back