• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

in dash factory GPS

Just a quick side note on the Garmin 60 CSx. I've been using one for about 2 years, and never needed an exterior antenna. It sits between the E-brake lever and the console and never looses signal.

Same here - the reason for the way that I positioned it was so that I could see the display while driving. Where it is in the interior seems to have little to no effect on signal sensitivity.

I have a 60C, which has horrible reception. Hence then antenna. The 6CSX is much much better.

Ah, that makes sense. FWIW, the unit I originally mounted in that spot was an eTrex Legend, which didn't have great sensitivity either and pretty much needed to be there to receive a decent signal. The location worked well from a visibility standpoint, though, so I just carried it over when I upgraded to the 60CSX.

Just a quick side note on the Garmin 60 CSx. I've been using one for about 2 years, and never needed an exterior antenna. It sits between the E-brake lever and the console and never looses signal.

Same here with the same 60c. Up intel it was stolen :tear: And my nuvi350 also work good getting signel and being so close to the roof I also NEVER gets any sun glare.

Markos; For the record said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2090/2121390405_d42b7cc49b_b.jpg[/IMG]

What year did you pull this OEM radio out of and the Ipod adapter you refer to what is that and what does it let you do just control the volume etc? I did something similar to my Chevy p/u but wasn't that impressed b/c you still need the Ipod itself handy for all functions... I'm not into the Aftermarket radio stuff though cause its too much of a targer where I have to park at....

Back