• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If you haven't already.....

ChiXJeff

Curmudgeon
NAXJA Member
Give some consideration to what may happen if a loved one suddenly passes away.

My brother's mother-in-law took a tumble 10 days ago. At the time, it didn't look that serious, probably only a broken shoulder. Unfortunately, a pulmonary embolism developed, and she never came out of the coma. She died this afternoon. Now, my brother's wife & her family have to deal with her father who needs pretty constant medical attention, along with another sibling with significant special needs as well.

So, go home, hug your kids, your parents, anybody else who doesn't move too quickly. Think about what would happen if they weren't there, or if you weren't there.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for the post. Ill make sure to take heed of your advice.

Damn Jeff, sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers heading out to your family.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Personally, I've never met any of Sylvia's (my bro's wife) family. Steve sort of sprung the engagement on us a year and a half ago, and they just eloped & got hitched. After almost losing Dad in September, this is hitting a little too close to home. And Sylvia's family is far less prepared to lose either of her folks, than my sibs & I are prepared for the inevitable.

I know your pain. My father suddenly passed away in July of this year. It now been 4 months since he been gone. I was very close to my father. He help me alot and was very great man.

Nothing like getting a call early in the morning from his work saying that he wasn't breathing and he going to the hostipal.

Been trying to keep his house since then and living on my own. It been very hard. My father was 52 years old and I'm only 22 still.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear of your Sister In-Law's family health issues !

When this stuff happens, it does cause you to sit back a bit and reflect on what is truely important in your life.

Back