• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I pray to God that I'm wrong! (Seth "XJFire" Stanton)

Re: I pray to God that I'm wrong!

Idiot Wind said:
I can't stop thinking about this.

R.I.P.
I think there are many here that are in the same situation, myself included. Perhaps after Seth's family has made final arrangements and a proper tribute can be made we'll feel a bit differently....maybe.

From what little we know Seth went out on top, in a lot of ways. His family loved him deeply, his friends were there when he needed them. He made an impact on people and he stood for something when many his age sit and watch from the sidelines.

As much as we feel the need to mourn his passing, we should also celebrate his life.

I was looking forward to meeting him when he came back.

RIP Seth.

Fred

wow, way too young...

"
On Monday, family members gathered at the home where he grew up. A small, white candle and pink flowers sat on a ledge in the front yard. His Jeep Cherokee, outfitted with oversized tires, camo paint and a roll bar, sat in the backyard.
"

:(

True this not a political arena. I am a NAM vet and he was and always will be my brother and comrade in arms. I know what the famliy is going through now i lost many friends in NAM and i know the way i feel now about this wierd war. Being military we know what the price is for what most take for granted.

I was browsing over on CO4x4 and came across this thread (that I know many have already seen). The pic struck me as being rather ironic. Planefixer and maybe even Idiot Wind might be able to tell why.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=83013

See that house in the background? Look familiar? There's not many up here that are cedar sided AND have that shotty deck design where the balisters are the support of the deck rail instead of a 4x4 post and painted that turd shade of brown.

I can't believe this. He was only nineteen, my age. I'm literally shaking right now. That's too young.

Seth, I can't even imagine doing what you did. You have my highest respect for stepping up and volunteering to fight for what you believed in. I'm no advocate of war, but I have nothing but respect and admiration for those who give themselves and volunteer to protect the country and the way of life that they love. You were one of them. By your age, I'm guessing that you volunteered during wartime. That takes a special sort of courage, to volunteer knowing that you'll soon be shipped overseas into combat, and for that bravery I commend you. Nothing but respect for you, Seth. Rest in peace.

God Speed Seth.

Thank you for your dedication to our country and our people...

Dave

No offense taken at all. OOOOORRRRAH and Haze Gray and Underway. All military are in my prayers. And my heart goes out to the family. If anyone has contact with them i belong to the DAV ( Disabled American Vetrans) check with the local chapter they have many services for the famlies that are of no cost plus they may be able to help with other matters as well.

From me and my boys to Seth's memory... his family and friends...... Thank you for your sacrifice and may you rest in peace. I wish I didn't live so far and could attend the funeral. For those attending... extend all of our condolences.

Fair Winds and Following Seas Soldier, you did good!

Back