• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I PASSED!!

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
So proud of the little guy...got smogged and passed with flying colors today. And to think I doubted it!
CO2 % was 14.3 and 14.7 at idle and 2500 rpm, respectively. O2 was .5% and .1%. I had 7 ppm HC at both idle and 2500 rpm, average is 17 and 13, max is 100 and 170. CO% was .01%. Max was 1.00 and average is 0-0.1%. Not bad for a 14 yr old engine with 163770 miles on it.

I ran a can of Seafoam in the gas (dumped it in with a quarter tank drove a couple days then topped it off), a can of Seafoam in the oil (ran it for a few days, got an oil change), cleaned the air filter, and that's it! I was nervous pulling into the smog shop since it's been running extra hot lately and I think I may need a new O2 sensor (or two) to help my mpg a little, but it ran cleaner than ever! party1:

Last edited:
hah congrats!! i had to get smoged last month and did the same seafoam remedy, gotta love that stuff

Picked up 2 cans of that sea foam stuff. Never heard of it, but if it works it works! I need to smog my 87. Last time they ran it was in 05 and it failed emissions. Supposedly the cause was repaired but the guy passed away & his wife let it sit in the yard for 5 years. Guy I bought it from picked it up from her & did a little work but couldn't afford the registration ($450). Runs strong, idles smooth, but gonna have go smog it.

Anyways, enough rambling. Just 1 can with a full tank of gas, and another can with fresh oil?

put half the can in a half tank of gas and run it till the gas light comes on. at the same time dump whats left in the oil and suck the other can into a vacuum line thats going into the intake while the engine is running. lots of smoke is normal, don't let it kill the engine bump the rpms up if you have to.

fill the tank back up and run it a little bit then change the oil and filter, and you should be good to go.

I found it at Kraigen/O'Riley's last week. It's in a white tin bottle, looks kinda old school. Not plastic w/ the long neck like the other products.

Back