• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I missed the news.. True? Did he say this?

Most of the Christians I've known never hit rock bottom. Some have led somewhat troubled lives in the past but never hit a "rock-bottom" point. They saw a need for change and saw the path for them to make their change. I grew up believing but not living and one day decided it was time to actually make an effort at living it. My wife grew up in the church and has always been living the life. Besides for every person who's hit rock bottom and turned to God, there's one who hit the bottom and blamed God.

BlackSport96 said:
I grew up believing but not living and one day decided it was time to actually make an effort at living it.
Like I said before, I grew up in a 'good' non believing family. I've never hit "rock bottom" that I know of........:dunno:
BlackSport96 said:
My wife grew up in the church and has always been living the life.
My wife was raised in a 'religious' family and had a little religious conviction, but that all ended in 1998. Now, she thinks like I do.

Last edited:
TRNDRVR said:
Like I said before, I grew up in a 'good' non believing family. I've never hit "rock bottom" that I know of........:dunno: My wife was raised in a 'religious' family and had a little religious conviction, but that all ended in 1998. Now, she thinks like I do.
I was just pointing out that you can believe in the Lord as your Savior and wish to spread the Word to the world without having to be a loser or hitting rock-bottom beforehand.

BlackSport96 said:
Most of the Christians I've known never hit rock bottom. Some have led somewhat troubled lives in the past but never hit a "rock-bottom" point. They saw a need for change and saw the path for them to make their change. I grew up believing but not living and one day decided it was time to actually make an effort at living it. My wife grew up in the church and has always been living the life. Besides for every person who's hit rock bottom and turned to God, there's one who hit the bottom and blamed God.

You know what's funny about that. Out of all the various christians I have come across (both liberal and conserative in demonation) or are friends with, the ones who lived the life always tended to not be preachy about it and would only really discuss/share their views on faith when asked/engaged to do so. The ones that did "hit rock bottom" and were suddenly "saved" feel some great responsablity to "save" everyone else. Just my .02 cents and my personal experiences.

SeansBlueXJ said:
The ones that did "hit rock bottom" and were suddenly "saved" feel some great responsablity to "save" everyone else. Just my .02 cents and my personal experiences.
Bingo! :yelclap:

I've known people on both sides, rock-bottoms who only preached when asked, and people who've never hit bottom want to spread the Word to everyone they see. I think you're over simplifying things. A person's personality plays a big part in how much time they spend talking to others about whatever belief they hold, whether it be that God is the way or God is a fairy tale. Dan, you seem to preach that God is fake and people who believe in Him are weak as much as you the people you complain about. That's really my issue. If you don't believe the same as me, fine. If people preaching to you irritates you, fine. But when you're preaching every bit as much, if not more than, as the people you complain about that comes off as a bit of a double standard...

Dan, Brady, others, thank you. You have been of great service to God by your role in keeping this thread alive for nine pages and over 3000 views.

Last edited:
Bent said:
Dan, Brady, others, thank you. You have been of great service to God by your role in keeping this thread alive for nine pages and over 3000 views.
:D ;)

I'm reminded of a quote that's often attributed to St. Francis of Assisi. To paraphrase: Go and preach the gospel to the world, and if absolutely necessary, use words.

This means to witness by the way you live, not by bashing people over the head with a Bible.

Tom R. said:
I'm reminded of a quote that's often attributed to St. Francis of Assisi. To paraphrase: Go and preach the gospel to the world, and if absolutely necessary, use words.

This means to witness by the way you live, not by bashing people over the head with a Bible.

Good point.

Back