• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I found some cheap xj fender flares

91 Jeep Project said:
$75 for a set of four stock XJ flares..................:dunno:
I got two sets of used rear TJ flares for $65 :D

yeah i used them for about a year and then pulled them off cut my fenders and threw them out. there stock which is what you had or have on your cherokee now. i hope your being sarcastic i really do because there stock and check ebay out sometime stock flares are less there

What a same they are stock as they would have a good seller if they had gone to the trouble of making them even an inch wider when making the moulds. I prefer the stock plastic material rather than fibreglass etc too.

7" wide? wow, you minght as well throw some wings on that baby instead!

ChuckstrPT said:
I got two sets of used rear TJ flares for $65 :D
anybody interested in some stock, silver, uncut front fender flares?:laugh3:
The rears are still attached....

ert01 said:
I emailed them yesterday and they said they're 7" wide, so wider then stock, but they use the same mounting holes as stock...

No way, surely they must have given you TJ measurements as that would mean twice the width of stock??? I noticed that the other three flare kits they offer for other Jeeps are all mentioned as being 7" wide. Bet he didn't even check the widths of the XJ ones as they dont mention a width. I have just emailed them as well to see what is said.

Last edited:
if it is, cheaper uglier substitute for bushwhackers. If you gotta be legal it could come in handy.

Some of their stuff is a bit pricey, the warn TJ bumper combo /tire carrier though for $810 w/free shipping is not too bad.

Well I got a reply back from them and they could not tell me the width ( emailed Pat ) but told me to check out the manufactures web site. They have them listed there as 7" wide which must have been where the other information the reply came from? So I have emailed them to confirm the width both front and rear as seem to wide for a XJ still using standard bolt hole to mount them?
53-xj-fend.gif

It states:
Improve your vehicles agressive, rugged looks with Omix’s 7” Fender Flares. Not just for looks - These durable thermoplastic flares also provide added protection from road debris and stone chips. http://www.omix-ada.com/Catalog/p53new.htm

it also right below that shows

OMIX 7” FENDER FLARES AND KITS: STOCK No.
7” Flare, CJ-7 Kit: 4 pcs 11606.01
7” Flare, YJ Wrangler Kit: 6 pcs 11607.01
7” Flare, TJ WranglerKit: 6 pcs : (2) Front, RH & LH and (2) Rear, RH & LH, (2) Extension, RH & LH 11608.01

I don't see 7" flares listed for the XJ

Boghog1 said:
it also right below that shows

OMIX 7” FENDER FLARES AND KITS: STOCK No.
7” Flare, CJ-7 Kit: 4 pcs 11606.01
7” Flare, YJ Wrangler Kit: 6 pcs 11607.01
7” Flare, TJ WranglerKit: 6 pcs : (2) Front, RH & LH and (2) Rear, RH & LH, (2) Extension, RH & LH 11608.01

I don't see 7" flares listed for the XJ

??? right hand column under the CJ8 listing.
http://www.omix-ada.com/Catalog/p53new.htm

bobb said:
What is the width of stock TJ flares? Is there any difference in the Rubicon flares?
Don't know the exact widths, but I do believe it's wider by about an inch or so? I just installed 2 on the front, and they are fully covering my tires, 265's, on stock 16x7's with 1.25 inch spacers. The stock TJ flares I've got for the rear are noticably narrower, and they aren't painted...hmmm

Back