• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am sick and tired of this!!!

JKTXJ said:
How is that gonna work, can't drive it or even turn the wheels while stopped without the track bar, will just shove the axle to the side :confused:

As others have noted, my track bar bracket at the "frame" also gets loose. No matter tight it is, still moves to some extent. I will probably weld mine soon. And by the way, mine has had that clunk for 4 years now :)

I checked it in my driveway. If you drive slowly the wheels will turn. $hit, I drove 80 miles home with out a track bar because I broke it off road. It'll turn!

cracker said:
I checked it in my driveway. If you drive slowly the wheels will turn. $hit, I drove 80 miles home with out a track bar because I broke it off road. It'll turn!

I wish I had a cookie to give you for that one.

saltilloxj said:
I don't think that its the track bar frame mount I belive its a track bar bushing thing or a drop pitman bushing / tight thing... I am starting to belive that every xj owner should also be a welder owner.

If it was one of those two you would here it over every bump because of the loose slop. My nickle is on the TB bracket. Could be something else, but I'll keep my nickle there.

I looked for cracks nothing... But today I put new bushings on my swaybar end links it helps, the rubber allowed some rubbing noises. But not the real solution obviously... So then I noticed a little play in the steering while a friend moved the wheel in quick movements back and forth I found that the tie rod end at the pitman side was allowing the play. Replaced and now it is much tighter. But... here is the big but of course, there is still this random clunk sound when I pull into a parking space. Sometimes it does it other times it won't. I am running out of parts to replace. The track bar bushings look good the track bar mounts look good and everything is tight. The real problem is that this sound is not consistant so I can never really hammer down where it is coming from. HELP!!!!

Back