• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to go from 10 to 17mpg (city) with RENIX

I don't believe swapping injectors in late model XJ's is that good a deal, as they already HAVE a more modern injector type. On the RENIX however, the stock injector are inefficient and don't give a good vaporization of the fuel... I think they are spitting instead of spraying ;-)

(and...

The fuel pump is not a concern if you are worrying about pressure being too high. The pressure regulator will relieve the pressure if/when it exceeds specs. People who modify, stroke etc. their 4.0s usually put in higher flow injectors+a pressure regulator that regulate at a higher pressure. Only then, if a high enough pressure can not be reached/maintained, a more efficient pump should be used.)

Ok, I'll just hope a doubleshot of techron in a full tank clears up some clogging and makes things a mite more efficient.
Thanks for the info! Just another reason I wish I'd found an early RHD instead of a 00...

i guess it makes sense to change them on the old renix engines, but what about having them cleaned and balance for those of us running 91 and up XJ'S? might cost about 15-20 bucks per injector.

found this...

http://www.witchhunter.com/methods1.php4

Check the eBay seller lucky7autoinjectors. Set of 8, cleaned, tested, flow matched, warranty, delivered less than $100.

My the electrical connectors on my '96 are rectangular.

If you are going to buy from Precision Auto Injectors check out their eBay store. They sell them cheaper there. I bought a set of Bosch style 24# injectors, but I paid less than $224 for them.

It will run, but you'll run pig rich, get 10 or so MPG and less power.

I have injectors from a 97 4.0 in my '89 4.0 and it really doesn't seem to run rich and it gets the same 15 mpg it did with the original injectors ... I had 2 start to leak like they are known to and stuck these in.

Back