• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How fast is your XJ?

Mudderoy

NAXJA Forum User
Okay granted, lifted and larger tires is a clear indication that I wasn't going for on road handling, or speed, but I'm still curious as to what she'll do.

I tried a 0 to 60 test today, and it was a dismal 11.3 seconds. lol I'll need to try it again under better circumstances. This is with a stock 4.0 and auto and 4:56 gears.

A couple of days ago I managed to get the old bucket up to 100 mph. An easy feat with stock tires and the stock 3:55, but the first time with the 4:56 gears. Seems like it was turning 3800 rpm, but I didn't look at it really close.

What kind of performance to you get out of your XJ 0 to 60 mph?

I saw that pic a few days ago on the 9:30 forum(w/ link to cats n racks), funny to see it here too.

electronically limited at 116, stopwatch proven.

Yours is a little sluggish.

My xj does 0-60 in 11-12 seconds depending on the temperature outside (hotter is slower).

But I have an excuse that you don't have....I live in Colorado at 5000-6000 feet.

j99xj said:
Yours is a little sluggish.

My xj does 0-60 in 11-12 seconds depending on the temperature outside (hotter is slower).

But I have an excuse that you don't have....I live in Colorado at 5000-6000 feet.

Me too. :) I don't have a speed limiter, been 128 in the 1/4.

Last edited:
I have an old G-tech around here somewhere, need to see what the XJ will do.

I have run it all the way through third gear and into OD but the speedo was pegged. Had to have been close to the speed limiter. Had a ricer fly by me on the highway so I chased him down, couldn't pass him but i am sure he was like WTF there is a lifted jeep right on my ass.

Hard to find a police package ECM these days... And if you get a retired police xj, it's gonna be junk according to my friendly local sheriff! LOL

xj88superjeep said:
Hard to find a police package ECM these days... And if you get a retired police xj, it's gonna be junk according to my friendly local sheriff! LOL

The NCHP issued 2-door XJs to the Troop First Sergeants (not the typical younger/gung-ho patrol/pursuit troopers) so these are likely kept in decent shape. YMMV of course.

Last time I was in Raleigh, I saw a bunch of new Tahoes (and Chargers) on the HP garage lot, so they are probably in the process of culling the older Jeeps (and Crown Vics) out of their fleet.

I'm surprised they aren't getting something with a little bit better gas mileage than tahoes and chargers. That's our tax dollars paying for a 10 mpg tahoe.

According to my patented ass dyno, mines fairly quick......

Of course, thats compared to the two rats, a squirel and dead mouse that powered my Mazda Pickup......

Back