• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horrible start for V-Day weekend...

Tenny

NAXJA Forum User
So yesterday coming home, some old women slammed on the breaks for a yellow light.
She should have gone...
Hell I was going to go for it.
Hell the person behind me almost hit me as they were going to go for it.
Hell the person behind me to the right went through the light.

But I hit her. My insurance will take care of her, hopefully my premium won't jump too much. First accident of my life (9 years of driving), and I have no tickets. My jeep doesn't "appear" to be have too much damage, but it was enough for me to need a tow truck. While waiting, Ken (kcjeep) actually saw me and stopped by. He was like it ripped off your control arm mount, and I was looking at the upper mount part, and was like "huh? are you talking about", it wasn't until it was on the tow truck I actually saw what he was talking about! It was nice having support there.

Then to top it off, I'm sitting there trying to organize the tow truck to come and get me, (I was parked in a post office lot) one of the workers comes over and says I have 5 minutes or I am getting towed. I was like "WTF man, give me a break I am trying to get it towed myself!" eventually he turned out nice, but at first I was super pissed...

The damage so far:
Radiator
Transmission Cooler
Headlight
Lower Control Arm Bracket (possibly LCA)

Then today I am moving, so my moving vehicle (jeep) is not usable, so I am pretty screwed. Borrowing someone elses car (suv) today, then my dad is being nice enough on Monday to bring out his F350, and when he goes back home he'll take me so I can get my other car.

Sorry about the long write, just had to rant. At least now I get to upgrade a bit. I am thinking Aluminum radiator... :D

jeep%20accident%201.jpg

jeep%20accident%202.jpg

That really sucks man! sorry to hear, I wasnt there, but it really sounds like you were following to close. Atleast it looks fixable! do you have Collision/comprehensive?

That really sucks man! sorry to hear, I wasnt there, but it really sounds like you were following to close. Atleast it looks fixable! do you have Collision/comprehensive?

Yeah I was probably following to close, but I really wasn't expecting it. Maybe if I was anticipating her stopping I would have probably been fine, but the fact of the matter was in no way was I expecting it.

I just have the basic insurance on it (although I thought I had more, as the jeep is more expensive than my sports car... some how..), but it looks like a pretty easy fix, really don't care too much about the cosmetics of the vehicle, I have dents all over it. Just adds character. :D

Also much more considering a ZJ Disc upgrade now... :D

damn man that sucks.
easy fixes though, you'll be alright

Thanks for the support guys.

Oh and the hood isn't messed up.. I just spaced it up for a quick and easy vent in the rear a while ago... I bet it looks like the accident is the reason for it!

I have a black front bumper w/o end caps you can have & stock headlights also. Just let me know.

Man. That Sucks!! Sounds like this was justa bad weekend for a few poeple. I rolled my jeep on HWY 50 just past Pollock Pines on the 13th. Luckily she stills runs fine. Just gotta get a new window and the roof kicked out. was supposed to be a nice day up at the cabin turned into a 8 hour wait in the ER to make sure my fiance (who is 7 monthes into bein prego) was ok. All was good tho. Glad to hear that you are ok, if you need any help turnin wrenches let me know.

Brutal man. I know how that feels...I had a similar situation in Milpitas where a driver in broad daylight slammed on her breaks and I rearended her. B**** of it was that the light had just turned green and she claimed she saw a dog running across the intersection.

Needs to learn what my dad taught me. If it is smaller then a dear, just hit the damn thing. Survival of the smartest. hence the reason i got a solid steel bumper. Evil:firedevil I know.

Brutal man. I know how that feels...I had a similar situation in Milpitas where a driver in broad daylight slammed on her breaks and I rearended her. B**** of it was that the light had just turned green and she claimed she saw a dog running across the intersection.

I have a chrome front bumper with black end caps in perfect shape if you'd like it. I should be going to the bay area this weekend. I can bring it with me if so inclined.

Little update:
Got the radiator in today and a new transmission cooler. Runs great still.. also noticed a huge crack in my header... oh well I am smog exempt so not really an issue for the immediate time.

I didn't realize that the part that holds the head light was such a big piece, which looks like more work than I want to do immediately, so it'll wait untill I have extra time / cash.

The brackets for the lower control arm did not come though.. kinda pathetic being the radiator shipped from AZ and the brackets from Sacramento... So once that comes in I'll get that taken care of, but until then it's still down. :(

Atleast it still runs!! Sucks that the parts didnt ship intime to get them on all at once. I am at a stand still as well. Wife wants to get her hair done so I gotta wait to buy the windshield. But the major body work is done. Just gotta snag a drivers side mirror from PnP and rip the carpet out. Then I, as the great Willy Nelson says, will be " on the road again." :party:

was supposed to be a nice day up at the cabin turned into a 8 hour wait in the ER to make sure my fiance (who is 7 monthes into bein prego) was ok.

Wife wants to get her hair done so I gotta wait to buy the windshield.

Hmmm... does the fiance know about the wife? :eyes:

Glad to hear she and the baby were alright. Musta been pretty scary.

That's what I figured, just giving you a bad time. I found it hard to get used to using the fiance title. Seems like just about the time you do get used to it, you get married and start calling her your wife instead. Unless you're engaged for a really long time...

Back