• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrewed Fender Flares

Great job. I am thinking about doing this.

I do not plan on bracing them. It made the front fender pretty stout without bracing. I reused the factory brace but had to bend it to make it fit. I used conduit because it was cheap. Yes it is weak, but I would rather the flare fold if I hit something hard than it take out the quarter panel. I used conduit to act as the "fuse". As far as what is a rivet nut, search in a search engine. It is a pop rivet with threads for a machine screw or bolt. Thanks everyone who gave me a thumbs up.

I do not plan on bracing them. It made the front fender pretty stout without bracing. I reused the factory brace but had to bend it to make it fit. I used conduit because it was cheap. Yes it is weak, but I would rather the flare fold if I hit something hard than it take out the quarter panel. I used conduit to act as the "fuse". As far as what is a rivet nut, search in a search engine. It is a pop rivet with threads for a machine screw or bolt. Thanks everyone who gave me a thumbs up.
I figured that was the thought process. So basically this was to keep the Five-oh off your back. Got it. They look great.

I've gotta say that while I'm not normally a fan of wide fender flares, those are really nice. Good job!

wow, either you can fab really fast or, these pics are spread way out. In the first pic, still stock front and rear bumpers, then in the final pic custom front and rear bumpers. nice work it all looks great.

I am a new member here... mostly a lurker I was waiting for Sunday to post my first introductory post, along with pictures of my Cherokee project, But just wanted to say these things look amazing, and gives me ideas on how to build my fenders for my project XJ...

Very Nice, great work. Your rear bumper looks almost exactly like mine except I built a tire carrier on it. we are in the same area should go wheel some time. Wife complained the whole time I was building my bumpers, so I had to take a break. Now I think Im gonna make a roof rack, but this is inspiring as ISP gave me a $60 ticket the other day.

Back