• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Cro Cop!

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone else watch the UFC fights last night?

Mirko Cro Cop was knocked cold by a kick to the head. And as he was falling, his leg buckled under him and his foot got twisted 180 degrees.

When Herb Dean rushed over to check on Cro Cop and saw his foot pointed in the wrong direction, his reaction was priceless. He lifted Cro Cop's leg and the foot just sprang back like rubber. And he walked out of the octagon on his own.

It was the most amazing knockout.

that sh!t was crazy. Complete follow through on his kick there. Looks like cro cop was coming out very slow and patient. That leg buckle was nasty! Hope he comes back!

werd.gif
Yeah, that fight was definitely worth staying up for! Arlovski almost put me to sleep! Great ending though! Can't wait to see that guy fight Randy.
Billy

Seemed like he was out cold for about a week to. I cant believe he walked out on that ankle. hes like Stretch Armstrong.

Man, that was like a page out of Cro Cop's book. Right up alongside the head. I really wanted to see that fight go allo three rounds though. But the Arlofski fight before it sucked...

Cro cop got beat at his own game...that was the most soundly connected head kick ive see in a while, and ive seen virtually every ufc fight. Cro cop is definately not used to the octagon and "cage tactics." He came out slow and almost timid even and sure got a wake up call. Hes definately a top 3 heavyweight fighter thought, that was just a quck, powerful, and accurate head kick, anyone would have been KTFO. Gonzaga definately impressed me though. MMA is becoming very unpredictable too.

Arlovsky has been disappointing lately. In his 3rd fight w/Sylvia, he was losin on his feet and refused to even try to take him down. If he had gotten him down he may have had a chance. And against Verdum, he was clearly the better fighter, but acted like he was scared the whole time.

Pretty sure that sylvia K.O. is still making him timid. I just hope cro cop doesnt become that way. If arlovski doest push the aggression in his next fight, then ill be worried.

Well, Arlovsky apologized afterwards for such a boring fight. But he said he didn't want to get into a jujitsu fight with Verdum.

not announced. since Liddel fights Q Jackson 5-26(71), and R. Franklin vs. Kampann (72) is 6-16. I would Imagine it to be UFC73 or 74 in July or August

Back