• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hidden winch bumper

Earl96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone I was hoping to get some help I recently purchased a hidden winter bumper and mount for my 96XJ off of craigslist and I have no information on who makes the bumper for installation instructions I’m sure if I start cutting and bolting I will figure it out but I was hoping to see if anyone on here could identify this bumper so I could maybe call the manufacturer and get installation instructions

This is my first time posting a question and I do not know how to upload the pictures of the bumper off of my iPhone if someone can help me with that so maybe someone can identify the bumper

In order to post pictures you have to host them somewhere and then link to the hosted photo. Imgur seems to be the most popular option lately.

I've uploaded pics to my profile here then posted. Go to albums uploaded then copy the url for the [img ]

Which direction does the winch mount? Feet forward or downwards?
Does it include a steering brace for the bottom of the pitman arm?

I have both the Boostwerks and the BDF. Both require to cut out some of the front plate. The Boostwerks extends back about a foot or so. The BDF extends back probably 1.5 ft. I'll see if I can PM the BDF instructions.

PMed my email.

if the winch is hidden how do you get to the controls / freewheel / engage lever ?

Boostwerks does make an extension for the lever. The controls can be extended electronically. See many open winches with them. I was suggested to use a synthetic rope to replace the cable.
Also, there was a factory hidden winch. It was/is bolt on. It was designed for a 6,000 lb Ramsey winch.

Boostwerks does make an extension for the lever. The controls can be extended electronically. See many open winches with them. I was suggested to use a synthetic rope to replace the cable.
Also, there was a factory hidden winch. It was/is bolt on. It was designed for a 6,000 lb Ramsey winch.

Used to be a xj in my neighborhood that had one of these Ramsey bumper's on it only one I've ever seen.

Back