• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi from Wisconsin

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
So Ive been a "forum user" (read: lurker) on NAXJA since 2004. I just paid my dues and joined NAXJA officially, is there something seperate I have to do to join the MWC specifically? I have had a number of Jeeps in the past, as you can see in my signature. I have been to The Badlands and to the old RORP but not yet to Hannibal Rocks. I used to live in Denver, work at 4 Wheel Parts and wheel in the mountains. I live in Madison Wisconsin now and work at Trek.

I just paid off my VW and bought an XJ from a friend for WAY too good of a deal to pass up. $2500 for a 99 sport 4.0, aw4/231, LP30, 29 spline 8.25, 4 door with 129k on the ticker. It has an RE 3.5 superride kit with full leafs, 31x1050 BFG AT's that are brand spankin new, a small system, intake and some other random stuff. Plans are longarms, 33s or 35s bumpers, winch, cage etc. This will be my DD while I start building it and save up cash for a tow rig next summer. (hopefully an 06 CTD) Dont let that fool you though, it will get modded and wheeled in the meantime, its been far too long since ive been offroad in a Jeep!

She photographs well but does have some blemishes if you look closely. The drivers front fender needs to be replaced, if anyone has a 97+ red XJ front driver side fender that is mint ill take it! Theres also two rust spots one under the gas filler door and one along the bottom edge of the pass side cargo window. I have patched the one under the filler door for now with some sanding/primer/black spraypaint but havent gotten the guts to pull the cargo window out yet!

It also has rust hiding in a number of places, the guy who owned it before my buddy must have not washed it ever. The drivers floorboard and the cargo area have rust but nothing that cant be fixed. Also it has been hit on the drivers side and repaired by a body shop. Some of the spots are hiding but noticeable, like when you pull the trim off inside you can see welds and grinds that didnt get paint and little spots of twisted sheetmetal and screws that pulled through the metal etc. The frame is straight and there is no rust on the framerails/underbody of the vehicle and it drives straight down the road and is solid overall so thats what I care about! I can and will fix all the other crap.

My first work day on it I had to pull the lock/handle mechanisms out of all 4 doors because they were super rusty/corroded. The rear doors were SO bad they were stuck shut. The child safety locks had gotten locked and the plunger for the outside handle thumb button was so corroded the buttons were stuck in the "pushed in" position and the doors wouldnt open so I had to pull the panels off from inside the car, PB Blast the the mechanisms and wiggle them free until the doors opened :bang: Holy crap I hope I never have to do that again. Generous coatings of Park Polylube 2000 and white litium were applied.
IMG_1020.jpg

It has a stainless header but its attached to a stock exhaust that is leaky and falling off. It has a t-case drop and the exhaust hangs so low its still almost hitting the crossmember. First mod will be SYE+driveshaft so I can ditch the t-case drop and have a custom exhaust made that sits nice and tight up close to the body for clearance sake. Anyone know of a good exhaust shop around Madison WI or NW burbs of Chicago that can custom make something I draw up for them?

Other mods include IPF H4 conversion headlights, homemade intake, alpine headunit with two tens and remote start, tinted windows and a digi camo headliner! Here are some more pics, many posts will follow!

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

welcome to the MWC. You dont have to do anything to be a member of the MWC other then reside in its boundaries. Check out the thread about our upcoming run at Hannibal Rocks. :thumbup:

Cheeseman-OUT!

Welcome to the best chapter in NAXJA!

WELCOME nice looking jeep

-Rew

Welcome to the Club!

Ron

Edit: Yah, these poor things are getting to the point where unless you get a Jeep from a no-salt state, you're going to be patching for a while ;)

Last edited:
Welcome! Thats a niice Jeep right thurr!

I also want to thank you for adding more members to the Great State of Wisconsin... Maybe with more members we can coarse our southern brothers to come up here instead of us always going down there... ;)

Austin

Hi.

Sheep are good.

HaleYes - OUT!

ya got me rollin' on that one Hale...touche' my friend, touche'

Welcome!

From damn near the Great White North!!!

Now that I see the rust on your latches I'm nervous to go look at mine on my 96. I know my floor boards have also seen better days.

This sounds like a very good idea.. seems like a lot my WI members popping up these days...
If we get a plan nailed down, I'll be sure to knock down Raymonts door and drag him with, and maybe a few other creepers from around here... like kunaji... Haven't seen him in a while, wonder if the military moved him...
I think I'll go start a thread in the staging area... ;)

Back