• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey Newbies (XJ Tech Link For You)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the world of XJs as I am in the process of building my first one. I am 16 and have a good understanding of how the components work and things like that but it's cool to learn actual facts like this and other common concerns that can become issues with the XJ as it is modified. Thanks for the links.

Alix

Bookmarked so it can be passed on if it is ever unstuck by the mods or admin folks.

Now there is an idea. Book mark the link in case the sticky disappears.

And for us Newbies - where would I find a glossary? What is an SYE? A BPE? Would I want one? Would it involve a visit to the doctors? I have found whole series of acronyms that are used but not sure what they are.

Last edited:
SYE - slip yoke eliminator, needed for more than a few inches of lift to avoid trashing U-joints and causing a lot of vibration.
BPE - bar pin eliminator, used for stuff like shock absorber mounting

others... post em up and we'll answer! Maybe they should be combined into one thread though.

Thanks for these links... most things I can figure out how to do, and I have no problem using the search function, both on here and througout the internet to find what I am looking for, but these articles did help me with some areas I was a bit confused on...

Not only bookmarked but also copied and saved as a word doc in case their server craps.....

:clap:

taken from one of those pages...

"The XJ can flex! You can easily get more flex out of the rear than the front. That tends to make for an unstable vehicle. Better to have articulation evenly balanced front to rear, or at least 40 percent front/60 percent rear. A Rubicon Express long arm kit makes articulation balance easy."

Rear can flex better than the front? Am i missing something?

In standard trim the sport with the up country suspension WILL felx better in the rear than the front due to the heavy front sway bar, but once that bar is disconnected, well, you know the rest.....

sye is slip yoke eliminator, it makes the rear drive shaft so that it isnt sliding in and out of the tcase, and also elminates vibes by adding a cv joint. bpe is bar pin eliminators which is basically shock extenders

Another newb wanting to thank the OP.

Nice first post. You're welcome!

Needs to be said that no Ford 8.8 came in the XJ but in the 3rd article is says it did '95 and up.

The first part says something like "a popular axle swap is an 8.8 FROM a Ford Explorer. 95 and up come with disc brakes" .. as in the 95 and up Ford Explorers comes with discs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back