• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY BOSS

This all makes me LOL.....

Only because I can put the word S*&T in a post and it gets edited or locked....

But I got slapped with an infraction a while back because I had one too many lines in my signature.....

.............:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

Dude get in line on this one.LOL

personally, i don't even believe in "bad words". i believe in bad conversation. and not one person in here is innocent in that respect. How many homoerotic inuendos are thrown around in here on a daily basis? That's far more filthy than saying the f or s bomb, IMO. Number one, it is likely somewhat offensive to gay people. Number two, the word s#1t is far less offensive to me than the thought of John being inside a member's rear end, which i'm reminded of everytime he posts. of course we all know he means gear work, but we also all know that he was trying to be funny by implying gay sex.
So my point is, don't go around here acting like you're holier than thou because you don't drop the f bomb when just yesterday you all thought it was funny when someone posted a picture of some dude portraying an oral sex act on another guy who was holding a beer bottle in place of his penis. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Which also brings me to all the race jokes in here, which are obviously going to be offensive to certain people. This is all worse than swearing by a long shot. and if you want to play the "kids won't understand it so there's no harm" card, then you may want to reconsider your arguement that land managers, sponsors, etc. come on our site, because i'm fairly certain they understand it.
with that said, none of it really bothers me, i've been a machinist my whole life, so i'm immune. There's no filters in the shop.
But what does bother me is people who insult you and call you a lowlife for swearing when they probably said 8 even more offensive things the day before. Not calling out anyone in particular, just saying in general.

Just because no filter is in place for that word doesn't mean it's welcome. There is not a "Don't dump your trash on my lawn" sign out front of my house, but that doesn't mean I condone it.
all the trash in your lawn is throwing mixed signals. should i stop dumping there?

personally, i don't even believe in "bad words". i believe in bad conversation. and not one person in here is innocent in that respect. How many homoerotic inuendos are thrown around in here on a daily basis? That's far more filthy than saying the f or s bomb, IMO. Number one, it is likely somewhat offensive to gay people. Number two, the word s#1t is far less offensive to me than the thought of John being inside a member's rear end, which i'm reminded of everytime he posts. of course we all know he means gear work, but we also all know that he was trying to be funny by implying gay sex.
So my point is, don't go around here acting like you're holier than thou because you don't drop the f bomb when just yesterday you all thought it was funny when someone posted a picture of some dude portraying an oral sex act on another guy who was holding a beer bottle in place of his penis. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Which also brings me to all the race jokes in here, which are obviously going to be offensive to certain people. This is all worse than swearing by a long shot. and if you want to play the "kids won't understand it so there's no harm" card, then you may want to reconsider your arguement that land managers, sponsors, etc. come on our site, because i'm fairly certain they understand it.
with that said, none of it really bothers me, i've been a machinist my whole life, so i'm immune. There's no filters in the shop.
But what does bother me is people who insult you and call you a lowlife for swearing when they probably said 8 even more offensive things the day before. Not calling out anyone in particular, just saying in general.

when I read this all I hear in my head is "bitch whine bitch whine bitch whine bitch gay sex bitch whine."

:shhh:

You definitely brought up some good points, and they probably need to be addressed. I’m not trying to act holier than thou, I’m simply stating that I know the rules here and try my best to abide by them. The occasional rule stretch or slip is far different from daily swearing, IMO.

As for the trash on my lawn, have you ever been to my pad? What did that mean?

I wish George Carlin was still around, he would have a field day with this thread.:roflmao::moon:

and btw, i have no problem with John's moderation or the rules, or with John at all. i am sure i would not want to do his job, nor could i do it better.
i'm just saying it's funny where the line in the sand is for some people in here. :D

I thought that's why let peaches be the prez...

:cool:

The president has almost ZERO say in regards to these rules. Should you want this changed, you must make a motion to the National BOD, who overseas all of the Naxja Website rules, to have it changed.

Of course, should a motion and discussion be brought up to the BOD, John would be A-OK to speak on behalf of the SoCal chapter and his input would be heard.

Think about this, ANYONE can read this forum, land managers (USFS, BLM, NPS Ca State Parks) environmentalists (CBD, Sierra Club, SUWA, Wildlands Conservancy) and they do.

How do you want to represent yourself, NAXJA, and the OHV community?

The OHV community is nothing but a bunch of saints no one ever swears! :angel:

I think that ANYONE in the groups listed has bigger things to worry about then people typing "cuss words" on a forum.
:yelclap:

Well the thing is, I don’t think ‘shit’ is a really big problem. It should absolutely be censored but really, it’s not half as bad as the f-word or dropping some of the more foul ones.

There is a huge difference between:

“My Jeep’s busted again; this shit’s getting old.”

And:

“I wish that fawker would answer my PMs!”

Above is the one and ONLY time (you can search my posts, all of 'em) that you will catch me replacing an f-bomb with something like that. I just know how to avoid it.

[FONT=&quot]Most of us are grown men. If you simply cannot control yourself and keep things G-rated, I suggest finding somewhere else to discuss Jeeps on the ‘net. [/FONT]
This post was not censored because it actually contributes to the discussion.

Back