• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here's some pics from last weekend in Clayton...

Glad to hear y'all had a good time (despite the ARB problems, John). Did you guys camp behind Slims shop as you'd planned? Looking forward to seeing pics that you guys took ...

And Ramsey ... I too am looking forward to the next trip. Beautiful country and great wheelin.

Les

Last edited:
Here's a few of mine

Okie actually got stuck!
clayton06_013.sized.jpg

This guy in another group tested the waters, and found them too deep, the hard way
clayton06_021.sized.jpg

Okie and I both lost beads on this trail. Green Mamba, I think?
clayton06_023.sized.jpg

Getting tippy, and still not getting it...
clayton06_024.sized.jpg

Scenic shot
clayton06_032.sized.jpg

Ramsey
clayton06_033.sized.jpg

Opie
clayton06_034.sized.jpg

Ramsey, flexing the suspension and the sidewalls - the beadlocks worked great!
clayton06_045.sized.jpg

Opie, showing off his yellow axle...
clayton06_046.sized.jpg

Terry exiting Blacksheep
clayton06_063.sized.jpg

Folllowing Terry...
clayton06_064.sized.jpg

Ramsey
clayton06_097.sized.jpg

My new custom high-clearance frame rail
clayton06c.sized.jpg

Terry
clayton06j_001.sized.jpg

The nicer group shot
clayton06j_010.sized.jpg

Cool video, RamJam.
There aren't any pics of Clayton in that album, though, that I could see.

Great shots too, John.
They just really don't do any justice, do they?

Wish I had a pic where I lost the bead and submerged the compressor, but you know Cindy was not going to get out in 3 feet of water and take that one, after hearing about water moccasins. If I do another compressor, I'm putting a snorkle on it!

We have about 35 minutes of video, hopefully some of it is good.

Okie Terry said:
Just convert your A/C and be a ton better than another one of those QuickAir units.

That's easy for a guy with no glass to say :D

I like my AC the way it is. Probably will just do the Co2 once I fix the leaking locker.

heres the pics, dont know why the link isnt working

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0472.jpg

DSCF0468.jpg

DSCF0466.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0442.jpg

and a few more

DSCF0441.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

DSCF0437.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

Your link worked fine for me Ramsey ... you just had to click the album link to "Clayton". Nice pics and video! BTW too ... I did have to log in using your password.

Funny ... I found your pics, no problem, but had trouble finding this thread to "update" myself on your trip. We all know OT can lead you astray, but he was gracious enough to help me find this thread ...

I noticed you've done quite a bit of work to your rig since the last time I'd seen you. Nice! But ... I keep looking for that young lass in the last "oversize pic" ... she is hiding real good. Must be the hole in the tree?

Les

Last edited:
you cant see her?

Just got a chance to look at the video, and record it to DVD. There's some good stuff there - re-seating my bead with the brake cleaner, Terry slipping into the creek while hi-lifting me off a rock, Terry grinding the crap out of his (looks like ass) body against the rocks on Blacksheep, and more.

Most of it's of Terry and I, with a little of Opie and Ramsey.

There's also some lame stuff, like about two minutes of airing my tire back up after seating the bead. Not sure why Cindy felt that was worth recording :wierd:

Also a part where I thought I stopped recording, but didn't, so the video is a peacefull scene of water running over the rocks, but the sound is Terry's rig squeaking, grinding, and banging. Which led me to the conclusion that not only does his rig look like ass, it sounds like ass, too :D

Okie Terry said:

Yes, the video clearly shows that I drive like ass :D

my pics are here: - most are of Ramsey - because I want to have his children...

http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/ClaytonOK5706/

Ramsey at entrance to cakewalk -
img_5130.jpg

John on Cakewalk -
img_5146.jpg

John's jeep got louder -
img_5159.jpg

:flipoff7:
img_5177.jpg

the rig that looks like ass -
img_5181.jpg

hmmmm?

what happened here?
img_5200.jpg

Okie on Black Sheep
img_0306.jpg

The players! (Ramsey sucks at stacking)
img_0333.jpg

Ramsey having issues on Wet and Wild -
img_0339.jpg

EDIT: aparently my webpage isnt working right now... we'll see later... i guess...

lesslimited said:
Yes, the video clearly shows that I drive by braile :D

fixed :D

My carnage report:
1 Steering box sector shaft (yes Sean and Brad - this is the steering box you used to have)
1 Factory Dana 44 diff cover (dented)
1 Carquest 1310 u-joint (rear driveshaft, went out about Amarillo, drove home anyway, NO needle bearings in 2 of the caps OOPS!)
1 AX-15 T-case mount - came loose at Clayton, broke 2 of 4 studs that hold it to the crossmember... stupid M8x1.25 studs!

oh - and I just got back from wheeling with Scrappy on a granite bowl near Shaver Lake, CA

wheeling 2 weekends in a row - big deal for me...

Back