• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Stranded in Indianapolis

Thanks for keeping up updated. I just came across this myself. For the future, perhaps us local Indy/Indiana folks can put our names on a list with our phone #'s as possible contacts for tools, gofer's, wrench areas, etc. I'm 25 miles south of Indy, but if someone was coming back going south or east I could be of assistance if I could.

On a side note-Dirk:just read your post. I know you are safe at home, but since I'm just down the road in sunny Trafalgar, let me know if you need anything with your XJ issue. :cheers:

ok just got home.... the previous problem is fixed but a new one developed along the way. I am getting major rear driveline vibes, especially with acceleration and decceleration. And it is clunking at low speeds now. When it rains it pours. I guess I will be tearing into it tomorrow to figure that out. It is going to the shop to have the lock that was broken either tomorrow or thursday. I am going to go sleep all this off. I just want to thankeveryone of the guys who took the time to call me and offer me any kind of help or ideas. I had minimal internet access and they were a big help a lifeline. Thanks!

Dude...

I feel for ya...

Hope your passenger was understanding...

Mi casa es su casa next time you venture this way...

Shame those Fucking Hoosiers snagged your stuff after you contributed to their economy...

:D

Hey Guys. All you Hoosier bashers should be ashamed. I read the post at 6:30 this morning. I was on the phone calling him by 7am call to offer him a warm garage and all the tools he need. He was on his way to the dealership so naturally he declined. I was even willing to go and get him with my truck and trailer. Maybe you should ask him about our Hoosier Hospitatility before you go slamming us. I bet if you look in his jeep right now you will find my cell phone number that he took down this morning incase he had any additional trouble. Hell If I would have see the post sooner he could have crashed at my house.

lobsterdmb said:
ok just got home.... the previous problem is fixed but a new one developed along the way. I am getting major rear driveline vibes, especially with acceleration and decceleration. And it is clunking at low speeds now. When it rains it pours. I guess I will be tearing into it tomorrow to figure that out. It is going to the shop to have the lock that was broken either tomorrow or thursday. I am going to go sleep all this off.

Glad you made it home!

indyjeepnut said:
Hey Guys. All you Hoosier bashers should be ashamed. I read the post at 6:30 this morning. I was on the phone calling him by 7am call to offer him a warm garage and all the tools he need. He was on his way to the dealership so naturally he declined. I was even willing to go and get him with my truck and trailer. Maybe you should ask him about our Hoosier Hospitatility before you go slamming us. I bet if you look in his jeep right now you will find my cell phone number that he took down this morning incase he had any additional trouble. Hell If I would have see the post sooner he could have crashed at my house.

Just make sure you hide all of his stolen stereo equipment.
:laugh2:

indyjeepnut said:

maybe you should re-read this thread and you will see an apology for the unfounded call out. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you made it home finally, Johnny! :)

lobsterdmb said:
I am getting major rear driveline vibes, especially with acceleration and decceleration. And it is clunking at low speeds now.

Survey says:

U-joints.

If you blasted thru the water at the begining of green.

HTH

Rev

Rev Den said:
Survey says:

U-joints.

If you blasted thru the water at the begining of green.

HTH

Rev

Could also be a result of hanging up on the rear axle diff on a large rock. He said he could hear the joint slapping the rock as he tried to drive through it.

glad to hear that your home safe

XJ_ranger said:
glad to hear that your home safe

What's that boy?
Timmy?
What's the deal with Timmy?
He fell in the well?
No foolin'?

6 fawking months from now, someone will find this thread...while doing a search about why to wrench your own chit...and will respond by offering their heartfelt hope that poor Johnny gets home safe.
Fear the Interweb...

bgcntry72 said:
What's that boy?
Timmy?
What's the deal with Timmy?
He fell in the well?
No foolin'?

Lassie was a girl, jackass.

Lawn Cher' said:
Lassie was a girl, jackass.

Who said anything about Lassie, shortbus?
More than one Timmy.
More than one well.
More than one 'Daktari' hat to wear around the campsite.

bgcntry72 said:
Who said anything about Lassie, shortbus?
More than one Timmy.
More than one well.
More than one 'Daktari' hat to wear around the campsite.

Point taken.

And being FB&G, I need to wear a hat.

I am glad that this thread has now become an amusement.... my tools got replaced today thanks to my stepfather who felt bad. The vibe/clunk was the ujoints/cv joint in the rear shaft. I put in my spare and am going to rebuild the origional. Thanks again everyone!

PS: I did have lots of fun wheeling while I was there!

Back