• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help needed in denver (navy vet)

Chris-will do! :)

A chapter member discovered a hitch while trying to order parts on his phone: The credit card has to be present at the time of pick up. He and his credit card won't be available to do anything in person.

I have relatively little experience with ordering online, can anyone offer some insight to this?

Hover-Jeep with a chapter sticker; hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

michelle03.jpg

The rear brakes are done, the hydraulic system has been bled. From what Michelle has told me, the rear brakes have been MIA for longer than we realized. I thought it was odd, to not have fluid dripping out of the hard lines when I disconnected them from the old wheel cylinders. :confused::confused::confused:

Future work:

The front brake pads might have some life left,
michelle01.jpg

The rotors, now so much:
michelle02.jpg

It would be nice to finish out with new pads and rotors.

Another problem, that did not get much notice earlier, is the parking brake handle not holding. it seems like the mechanism at the handle is stripped.

After driving Glendale to Golden, with some slow-and-go on I-25, my IR thermometer showed 185*F at the water neck. Both heater hoses were HOT to the touch. After some conversation, the worst problems occurred when ambient temperatures were in the teens and below. The cooling system may not be a safety issue, but it does need a good flush and new thermostat.

If you can wait fil after this week or are willing to pick up the parts (longmont)
I can supply stuff or monies and let you use as seen fit.

I have a late model ebrake handle I would donate, if someone can give it a ride (and I can find it :eyes:)

I'm happy to do the flush and replace the thermostat. Sounds like the Jeep can now make the drive to my place when it's convenient.

I could probably do front pads and rotors at the same time if those are funded.

in4aride said:
If you can wait fil after this week or are willing to pick up the parts (longmont)
I can supply stuff or monies and let you use as seen fit
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! I think I can wait a week or two before the next go-round. Since Michelle is going to school and working, much will have to depend on her schedule.

xj-grin said:
I have a late model ebrake handle I would donate, if someone can give it a ride (and I can find it )
I do know that md21722 drives to Golden on a regular basis. I think that if we were to asK, Brian would be delighted to ferry the parking brake up here...if you find it. :)

Dewidge said:
I'm happy to do the flush and replace the thermostat. Sounds like the Jeep can now make the drive to my place when it's convenient.

I could probably do front pads and rotors at the same time if those are funded.
Again, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :) Once we get the time and money sorted out, It should be easy enough to get more people lined up to help.

Mike -- its in my barn, I saw it last night. I will also be in Denver tomorrow afternoon -- shoot me a PM and I'll bring it to you.

Mike -- its in my barn, I saw it last night. I will also be in Denver tomorrow afternoon -- shoot me a PM and I'll bring it to you.
PM sent. If things don't work out tomorrow, we always have "Plan B." :)

Mike - md21722 will be bringing it to you on Thursday, we already exchanged PM and I already found the handle!

That's the best $50 bucks you can spend to cover your ass.

Oh. Wrong plan b.

I kid I kid. (Haha. Nother pun)

Do we have the front brake parts yet? I would be willing to call the local parts store of your choice and pay for pads that you can pick up?

We still need pads, rotors, and I am deliberating on calipers.

Ira, PM on its way...

We still need pads, rotors, and I am deliberating on calipers.

Ira, PM on its way...

I realize that new brake parts are not that expensive but I have a set of used pads, rotors, calipers that came off of a Rubicon 44 (Dana 30 outers).

I would be more than happy to bring them to you to see if you'd want to use them.

Let me know.

This is very awesome guys! congrats and its nice to see us jeepers taking care of other jeepers. Thank you for your service!

Even though the world is full of people who don't care about others, there are some of us that do! Especially if someone is trying to do the right thing versus take the easy way out by criminal activity. I am a Navy vet as well and struggle paycheck to paycheck, so I know how this young woman feels! It is sad that those who serve thier country cant get properly taken care of after service! Wouldn't it be nice if the defenders of this once great country were treated equally as those that have ruined it while running it.......

Thanks Ira!

I realize that new brake parts are not that expensive but I have a set of used pads, rotors, calipers that came off of a Rubicon 44 (Dana 30 outers).

I would be more than happy to bring them to you to see if you'd want to use them.

Let me know.

Matt, PM sent.

Back