• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help by keeping your eyes open

twardnw

NAXJA Forum User
From a car forum I am on... :(
Those of you in the NE states please keep your eyes open.

link to original thread
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=159504

[UPDATE - Sept 19, 2005 1:17PM EST]

Well... I'm going to do my best to let everyone know exactly what I know as of right now.

Lindsey went out Saturday night with her church's Youth Group to play mini-golf on long beach island. Just prior to this she baked two cakes for her hurch's social time on Sunday Morning. They YG went to the mini-golf place and they were closed, so the group went back to the Youth Pastor's house to socialize and play video games. The group ended their night at 9:00PM EST. Lindsey had every intention (as per her AIM away message and conversations with my parents and friends) of going out to "High-Velocity" (a local club in Bayville, NJ to see Jim Leeds (I believe that's right) who is a local cover band. She was in communication with a few EvoM members via Text message while at the club, she was drinking, and her last text message was at 12:00 AM EST on Sat night/Sunday morning. As far as I know, that was the last time she had spoken to anyone. She had intentions to stay out all night, but had told my parents she would "see them in church" the next morning, and she had baked cakes which leads me to belive she had every intention of going there.

According to what she told my parents, some EvoM members, and the Youth Pastor's wife on Saturday night, she was going out "with friends" or "with co-workers" after the mini-golf excursion. According to Lindsey's Mother, whom she had spoken with on Saturday Morning. She was "going out with Robert from Church". I spoke with her Church's Pastor, who is a long time friend of my family, and there are no Roberts that go to her church with the exception of a 65 year old man named Bob. It is unlikely that he was going with her to a club to see a cover band.

I got a call Sunday morning from my father at 9:30AM EST asking if I had seen Lindsey, he explained to me that a local police department (who will remain nameless at this point to avoid unnecessary phone calls) found her car in the towns local river at the base of a boat ramp submerged in water 6" over the roof. The car was discovered at approx 5:30 AM from the best I can gather. High tide was at 2:00AM EST so the car became more visible as the morning wore on. That morning the County Sherriff's department scuba team checked the surrounding waters and removed the car. They also checked the area with the K9 unit and found nothing other than her car, in the water, with the keys in the ignition.

I proceeded to the crime scene, but arrived after the detectives had left and the scuba team was just leaving. My good friend who was with me called the club at that time and had them hold the video tapes from the previous night. I proceeded to my parents house (where the detectives had just arrived) and spoke with the detectives. I then posted the first post in this thread, and checked her email/etc. I told the detective about the video tapes from the club, and about the guy from myspace that everyone has been mentioning. I also spoke with her friend who we'll call "J" at this time who had gone with her to a Jack Johnson concert on Wednesday. He said while at the concert she recieved a text message from "C" saying that she should be with him and not "J". (Typical tough guy remark) "J" didn't know who this guy was, Lindsey had no real reaction to it. My good friend who had been with me all morning looked at the myspace guy, showed it to his g/f, she showed it to her best friend, and she knew who the guy was. (small world) turns out "C" and this myspace guy are the same person. The friend had his phone number still, but it was disconnected. She remembered where he lived and we got the address. The local police paid him a visit, and he was clean. So he's not the issue, even though many of us were leaning that way since they had plans to hang out this past weekend. He ditched Lindsey to hang out with a different girl.

The latest I've heard today is the athe State Police water rescue team is now dredging the whole river. They want to rule out the worst
frown.gif

At this point, that is just about all I know, I really don't think I'm leaving anything out. The last text message she sent seemed very incoherent as if typed while she was drunk.

I really don't know what to think about what happened, I can make assumptions but none good at this point and obviously myself and my family are very concerned about this.

Here are very recent pictures of her, if anyone in Ocean County, NJ sees her, please contact me. [email protected]

- Steve

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

[/UPDATE]

[UPDATE - Sept 20, 2005 2:38PM EST]

I just spoke with my Mother. Lindsey's Mom and Sister made their way up here today. They had an appointment to speak with the detective at 2:00 PM today. According to my mom, the police are no longer releasing any information to myself or my family since we are not technically family of lindsey even though she was more a part of our family over the last 6 mmonths than her own.

Lindsey's mother then went to Lindsey's work and met with one of Lindsey's coworkers that was with her at the club Saturday Night. She said that they were at the club until closing time, at which there were 5 of them left standing together in the club. Lindsey's friend turned her back for a minute or two, turned back around, and Lindsey was gone. That is all anyone knows, and her friends from work are very upset. I guess I will no longer be learning anything new as I am not privey to information anymore. I will only find out things if Lindsey's family share's the information.

I'm sorry I can't be any more of a help....

- Steve

[/UPDATE]

Back