• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head Gasket Advice

The exhaust valves will very often be whitish in color. It comes from running hotter than the intake. It is normal. As long as there isn't a lot of buildup, especially on the stem side of the valve, you should be fine. Look for cracks between the valve seats on the head.

Tractionless2g said:
Actually, I have a 88 FSM, but the parts of it I was looking at didn't have any specific information regarding to what I was looking for. I'm quite used to performance 2.0L Mitsubishi motors. This is just my daily driver, and I'd like it to be somewhat reliable.

If you're thinking about cutting loose of that 88 FSM, I'm pretty sure I need one...

5-90

Check the CPS, mine was ding the same thing till I replaced it. Also depending on what has been done to it I believe the 88 CPS had the wiring modified due to a recall that required a hole to be drilled in the firewall and wires ran directly to the renix computer.

I pulled my head gasket to find that both intake and exhaust valves on all 6 cylinders were the same color white.

From what I gather from this thread, white exhaust valves are normal - but what about intake?

-jm

Back