• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanson Offroad Bumpers & Rocker Guards

Sweet thanks guys... I love that roof rack, it will be mine lol

the red Bushwacker XJ no longer has that roof rack
DSC00617.jpg

There was a question asked back in December about the mounting mechanism for the rocker guards...

Are they attached to the pinch seam as well as to the sills?

Any pictures of the backside of the rocker guards?

|________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)

There was a question asked back in December about the mounting mechanism for the rocker guards...

|________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)

x2

They do use the pinch seam & the rocker panel. They are built for easy to mild wheeling. If you are looking at doing hard wheeling our rocker guards may not be the best option for you.

They do hold up very well however and offer more ground clearance then most. We suggest that if you do live in an area with rust issues you may want to use silicone on all of the insert holes.

We still do not have the instructions finished but our JK rockers install very similarly.

Here are the JK instructions...
http://www.hansonoffroad.com/images/tech/JK%20Rockslider%20Instructions.pdf

I appreciate that you're a supporter and that you're offering a discount. Thanks...

Sure, they look nice but why are they sooo expensive?! The rear bumper is almost 300% the price of an average XJ rear bumper. It's not THAT nice.

I'm just curious what's so much better about it? Does it have a winch in it that I can't see?

I appreciate that you're a supporter and that you're offering a discount. Thanks...

Sure, they look nice but why are they sooo expensive?! The rear bumper is almost 300% the price of an average XJ rear bumper. It's not THAT nice.

I'm just curious what's so much better about it? Does it have a winch in it that I can't see?

Here at Hanson Offroad believe we are NOT the average bumper manufacturer.

We make every bumper in-house here in Bakersfield, CA. with all US materials. Each one is handcrafted quality. Not some banged out production unit that will fall apart after the first few trail rides. We make and offer in our opinion thee best bumpers on the market.

We stand behind our products 110%. If you have an issue you get a live person in either our sales department or tech department each and every time. No voice mail boxes or computer automated answering machines here.

I hope that answers your questions. If you have anymore please feel free to call us toll free Monday - Friday 8AM - 4:30PM Pacific. 1-877-757-9779

The things you listed warrants the price to be triple? I can list 4 companies off the top of my head that can say the same things for at least half the price... and they'll answer the phone on Saturdays...

I'll leave you alone now since I'm sure you don't want this mucking up your thread.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Andy

Any pics of those rocker guards being beaten on? Or more pics on how they actually mount? It seems a good hit will still crush the stock rocker panel underneath.

I too would like to see a underside shot of the rocker guards. Im thinking they could be easily tied into frame stiffeners to give them a little more defense against destroying the stock rockers.

Hanson Offroad products are by far my favorite products for the xj. I hope to one day have enough money to own some of their products.

Edit: are the lower 1/4 panel pieces still available?

Last edited:
That's my problem. I like their designs but their prices are outrageous.

We all get it.. you dont see a value in their products, your free to buy elsewhere. Some here have differening opinions on that and are willing to pay more for something they want.

Lets not turn this into more than that.. please.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm just trying to make sense of their prices. YOU shouldn't HAVE to pay more for a product if it doesn't justify the cost.

I'm simply trying to understand their value, not trying to start anything.

|________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)
Apparently my post with pics was removed..........They showed the complications of a wheeled XJ and this mounting setup. Never criticized Hanson's fabrication ability or quality of their products. Just showed what happens to a unibody over the years. Very disappointing to see such actions taken.

Last edited:
Are there any additional pictures of the back bumper with the tire carrier? I am very interested in getting it.

I know that you "stand behind our products 110%" but, what does that translate into in regards to warranty?

The "other" bumper manufacturer I am looking at states the following:
"We offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our bumpers. You break it, we will replace it! Our goal is to provide first class service for a first class product!"
I am not looking to put you on the spot, but I have narrowed it down to 2 manufacturers, and am only trying to understand the pros/cons of both.

HTT...
|________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)

No response?

It has been nearly a week and I have not getten an asnwer?

HTT...
________
[|_[__\,___\,__
l--___--_[olllllllo]
()_)' ' ()_)--o-)_)

Back