• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanson Front bumper

BMXxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, those of you that have or know first hand someone who has a hanson front bumper? i have and opportunity to get one fairly cheap and i like the look of it and all, but in only uses the factory mounting points?? and it's a winch bumper? c'mon

any way, my question is, problems with that? and has anyone modifyied one to reinforce the mounting?

When I bought my Hanson a few years ago, it came ready to bolt onto the factory bumper mounts AND included a separate bracket that you bolted to the additional rearmost mounting points, then you welded the two sections together.
It sounds like they don't include the additional bracket anymore. Kinda lame for what they cost now.. Despite that, I'd still get the bumper and make your own secondary bracket. It's a simple piece and to weld it up literally took two minutes. The bumper is a great design, very strong, well built and light for what it is. I've winched on it, crashed into it(including an FJ Cruiser that sideswiped me) and dropped off ledges onto it, and it hasn't budged or bent.

When I bought my Hanson a few years ago, it came ready to bolt onto the factory bumper mounts AND included a separate bracket that you bolted to the additional rearmost mounting points, then you welded the two sections together.
It sounds like they don't include the additional bracket anymore. Kinda lame for what they cost now.. Despite that, I'd still get the bumper and make your own secondary bracket. It's a simple piece and to weld it up literally took two minutes. The bumper is a great design, very strong, well built and light for what it is. I've winched on it, crashed into it(including an FJ Cruiser that sideswiped me) and dropped off ledges onto it, and it hasn't budged or bent.

Same as mine. Uses the 3 factory bolts at front of unirail and a strap that goes beyond the steering box to a large bolt through the unirail.

I'v done a few heavy pulls and never a problem. I think you'd have to hit a train to bend this.

It's there.. i'd share a pic but my laptop is down.

Are you the guy who's NAXJA buddy said was interested in my bumper?

Mine was sold pending a meet in Denver but recent circumstance had me cancel trip and bumper is still available. Sound familiar?

It's there.. i'd share a pic but my laptop is down.

Are you the guy who's NAXJA buddy said was interested in my bumper?

Mine was sold pending a meet in Denver but recent circumstance had me cancel trip and bumper is still available. Sound familiar?

now, i have a friend who has a friend, and i live in new jersey. shoot me a pm though.

also i called hanson, there are no more extra brackets since hanson was bought a few years ago. they also said there was no reported claims of anything getting pulled out. but not everyone reports that stuff right?

Since you have no experience as the OP requested, feel free to not post anything about it.

Feel free to XXXX yourself.

Steer clear of poorly mounted recovery bumpers. End of story. My experience says mounting to an XJ with anything less than 4 on each side is simply irresponsible.

I picked one up on a great deal also. I ended up welding the JCR bumper brackets to it and then bolted it up. In my opinion a well built bumper. Can't go wrong as long as you don't mind doing a little work to it.

I have Hanson front and back Bumpers. I love them. If you have a steering box frame support (which should have been the first mod.) You will have six bolts on that side. I also used larger 5/8" grade 8 bolts for the front 4 bolts with a 3/16" flat bar washer to sandwich the frame.

Back