• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hand throttle [while keeping existing throttle]

Garden Spyder said:
emailed it to ya.

got them.
it looks simple and ver easy... but I'm just worried about banging my throttle on my shifter and then messing my idle.
The choke idea seems better for me since it'll be on the dash out of my clumsy way.

I have never found it to be the reason I over-revved the engine, there is actually just the right amount of resistance on the lever that it isn't real touchy, plus once you get used to it, you can gain excellent control of your motor speeds. Also great for Cruise control.. well on a flat road anywho.. This way you don't have to hold the engine at a high rpm all the time, once you reach your destination, let go of it.

Actually to be honest, I wasn't the first to come up with using this same contraption, I just didn't know it until I had come up with the idea and installed and tested a few times.
I spent about 15 dollars total for the parts, later I was looking in a Jeep parts magazine and saw this little familiar part out of the corner of my eye.. there it was the same gear shifter that I had stumbled across for my project. Of course they only wanted about 50 bucks for their parts.

Back