• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hack happy

so the bars i welded in are to keep these windows in place. i plan to run fore and aft from the corners of the top of the frame i put in. i wanted the back wall flat so there needed to be some structure to mount the material too.

i have been looking at roll cage kits. i may just buy one. a guy locally got one for around $400 and with some minor cutting it fits well.

on the xj do you guys go thru the floor and weld to the uni-body rail or put a 5x5 or some size plate on the floor & weld to it and disburse the stress so the cage doesn't rip the floor?

windows installed to make sure they fit still

jw2.jpg

use HREW if you're cheap, DOM if you're not. don't use schedule 40 pipe. it cracks when it takes an impact instead of bending.

hrew should hold, i use it for some stuff and i've beat/bent the crap out of it and it still hasnt split at the weld.

hrew should hold, i use it for some stuff and i've beat/bent the crap out of it and it still hasnt split at the weld.

Thought you use martensitic stainless exclusively on your projects. :roflmao::moon::peace:

Back