• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering no lift shackle boxes install

Crfrider

NAXJA Forum User
Heres a quick right up of my install of the shackle boxes on my xj from H.D. Offroad Engineering

First off these things are pure beef and after install my favorite addition to my jeep.

First step is set your truck up i had a lift so it was easy i set mine up in the air. Then got 2 screw jacks and set them under the axle. Then i Began to take a 19mm and unbolted my shocks to allow the leafs to be as far out of my way as possible.
85lyd.png

Next step was to remove the shackles using a 21 mm and a breaker bar. you will also need a wrench for the nut. Note: You do not have to take the shackle off of the leaf i did as i was fixing the grease fitting on the bench.
nz3y3.png

Then i grabbed 2 grinders both an angle and regular grinder and spent 30 minutes flattening and cutting the factory box out. Until i had what looks like this.
qoiqn.png

Then i mocked up the box like so and just squezed it under my gas tank skid like so. Then i took the shackle out after making sure it fit propper in the box and drilled upwards into my floor. Once up top i realized the plates wouldnt fit properly with out cutting the corners off them and triming the interior pieces. I simply cut them and used my bumper as a work bench with a clamp.
zcgh5.png

Then i squezed the plate over the holes and tightened them folding the plastic up once done I trimed the top of the bolts and cut the plastic around the access nut and bolt sticking up.
zxy8p.png

ezggu.png

Once this was done i tighetened up the bolts to the bracket and skid and slid the shackles in place to were i wanted them and snugged it all up once done it should look like this.
8d2ji.png

Now go enjoy ur smooth noise free ride and my truck sits level now!:new:
pfk4v.png

:dunce:

Back