• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GWNF Run Anyone?

Unless something changes, I'm still planning to be there. See you guys at the country store.

Count me in positively, i'll have one rider

Are we going to use FRS or CB's

also anyone coming from down south?

David

Im still planning on coming down, but I might have to come down Saturday morning. It all depends on if the football games up here are still cancelled... Skorpyo, how long do you think the drive will be? Mapquest says 2.5 hours, but thats without traffic...

From the DC metro area, it's about 2 hours to Harrisonburg going out 66 to 81. I'm guessing 2.5 would be about right to get you to mdormans. Hope to see you all there, I should have maps in the mail soon.

Ok folks, just a week away, and Bob, Gary and I have secured a hotel. We'll be staying at the Ramada off Route 11. We've got ladies coming along with us, so camping wasn't an option (where's that electrical outlet again?). Here's a link For The Ramada on a map with contact information if anyone else is interested in staying there. It's $45 a night and be sure to post here where you'll be staying. I got maps now thanks to Hunter so I'm gonna work on mapping out a plan of attack for these trails. Thanks to everyone for their patience in putting this trip together.

ps. Sunday the extended brakelines go in, so my truck'll be ready to go at 6"!

So yall aren't camping out saturday night?? That actually makes it easier for me, there are fraternity commitments i have to get to.

So what time do you think will get off the trails?? Dark?

David

Likely we'll wheel till about 3-4pm with a break for lunch. Sunday we'll probably only wheel till 1 or 2 so that we can get a jump on getting everyone home at a reasonable time.

I can't find directions after you get on 33, coming from the north, anyone get better directions than I did, I used maps.com... Help would be appreciated... :?

just follow 33 all the way out to the store

What time are you getting to Harrisonburg?? i'll met you right off the exit and help you drive in.

Skorpyo posted directions also look above

David

GWNF

Hey Guys,

I can't make this one but email me if you go again.I have been to GWNF (spure knob and smoke hole areas in WV) few times.
Are you guys going VA or WV GWNF?

We are going to VA GWNF in Harrisonburg right outside of JMU

Is anyone coming from SW VA, on saturday?? I want to see if anyone wants to caravan up?

Bob Lester, Lightning (Gary92xj) and I will be leaving with our friends this Friday from Woodbridge, VA at about 7pm. If anyone in the metro area is interested in caravaning down to Harrisonburg with us we'd be more than happy to have you along. Please email me or post here to let us know you'd like to join us. Thanks!
Skorpyo
[email protected]

GWNF run

To All who are planningto be in the area the latest weather guess has night temps in the 20s and day temps in the 30s for the weekend preiod.Temps have been in the high 30s for the past 2 days and we have recieved over 1 1/2" of rain with more to come.
Wish I had the time to join in but work interfers.
HTH
Wayne
near Woodstock,Va.

[b:a4024b4927]brrrrrrrrrrrr[/b:a4024b4927]
well,i'm glad i'm sleeping inside,might have to pack a thermos of coffee.

I second the thermos, its going to be cold, with all this rain , i hope that river is not to high.

We went last year after a solid 4 days of rain, and the water was incredible that is the only really tricky part is that river!

We'll see

David

Tim and caravan, I'll look for ya as I'm driving up 81/66 on my way to Rockville :( Wish I could join you guys. Keep an eye out for my silver XJ w/ 6" and puny 31s :p w/ a bullbar. Good luck guys, I'll have to ride w/ you guys again. BTW, Tim, we should organize another DC area M&G, I know Deano's interested. Peace

Ary

I second that meet and greet, I live in Fairfax, but i go to school i Roanoke

David

Slight change in plans if anyone was planning on meeting up with us in Woodbridge. We're gonna be leaving from Manassas instead. Drop me an email ASAP if you want to join us in the caravan. We'll be leaving around 7pm or so. Send me your cell or phone numbers so I can call you and give you directions to where we are meeting up. Thanks all!

Back