• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grenaded Tom Woods shaft - Options?

Where you spend your money is your business but it really doesn't sound like you're getting screwed. Keeping your money local is never a bad idea though as long as you're getting quality work. Don't be too quick to jump on the high angle shaft bandwagon though. They use most of the same parts Tom uses, just charges more for them due to the recent popularity of thier company. I've seen just as many high angles shafts let go as I've seen any other. Stuff breaking is just par for the course.

I have Tom Wood's shafts and just got a High Angle shaft so I could relegate my beat up rear shaft to a trail spare. They're both the same stuff(Tom's and Jess'), made with Neapco and Spicer parts. The price was the same, except I had to pony up the California 8.25% sales tax for the High Angle shaft. Both companys were really good to deal with. I went with High Angle on my latest purchase because Jess was able to hook me up in the time frame I needed as I was about to leave for Moab at the time.
In conclusion, Spicer parts and Neapco parts break every once in a while. What's new?

Jes

Yep - called Tom, and he said that he did get a bad batch of 150 splines about 3 years ago - if it's not one of those (and it's not likely) I'm out of luck, and the $25 it costs to ship it to him.

Gee that sounds familuar, Thats why I went with AZ drive line...drivelinesolutions.com got tired of it, been treated great at and cost less too. called em on a friday morning from Flagstaff AZ, and picked it up that afternoon in Phoenix AZ

When I twisted my last one they fixxed it without any question

Back